thomasedwin thomasedwin 46-50, M 17 Answers Oct 20, 2011

Our government is very fond of spending other peoples money , and for a glimpse of what socialism and spending money you don't have leads to, take a look at Greece.<br />
It turns out that Obama and the Democrat party have raised 3 times as much money from wall street financiers and bankers than all the Republican candidates combined. So why are those voices that railed against rich Republicans silent on the truth about Rich Democrats? Their silence betrays their true cause.

Best Answer

Half the debt is the money borrowed to finance overseas wars and the other half is the cost of maintaining capitalism in the sense that it's bail out money without which the US would now be a barter economy.

Best Answer

The debt for both wars is 1.2 trillion so far, total U.S. debt 14.9 trillion. Any other military costs are miniscule. You either suck at simple arithmetic or you are a lying sack of crap! Gee, I wonder which one it is!

Best Answer

I would never be so cruel to bastards as to compare them to the Government. <br />
Debbie Cook

Best Answer

We all have the tendency to grab out of profound sense of fear there is not enough....

Best Answer

First, no one is truly in charge. Society is a force of nature and even an emperor can't truly control it. Just look at the so called Arab Spring. It makes me smile when I hear people call the US president the most powerful man in the world. He has very little freedom of choice, politically speaking. Rupert Murdoch is much more powerful.<br />
Secondly in democracies we get the politicians that we deserve. Politicians have got slicker and shallower over time because they are responding to the dumbing down of the news media that they need to get elected. The media is dumbing down because consumers generally seem to want shallow political analysis, dramatized conflict and shock value. So we might as well blame ourselves.<br />
Thirdly, the fact that you say 'this country' without even specifying which in the question betrays a degree of naive self-absorption. I know I'm being a little rude but I get irritated with people complaining about the world as if they weren't part of it, as if they had all the answers. For political leaders, every day is a new crisis and every choice is a choice between evils.<br />
I'm not saying these aren't serious, frightening, depressing problems that you raise but no one is innocent and citizens of democracies are the least innocent of all. We have all allowed it to come to this. We are all a part of society. Or do you think democracy doesn't work?

Best Answer

How can you say we have allowed this to happen when the only people that have any real control are the wealthy and the most wealthy people are in or dirrectly conected to the US government? It's the golden rule, Those that have the gold make the rule. People are brainwashed into thinking their vote counts when in reality it's the wealthy that deciedes who gets in office. A democracy is when everyone gets to vote YES or NO on politics but it doesn't work that way, You only get to vote FOR a canidate you don't get to vote AGAINST any of them, if you don't like any of them you can't do anything about it. They say or do anything to get in office then it's to late because then they do what ever they want and the only thing they want is money and the wealthy people have the money so the wealthy people control the government on and on.

Best Answer

Yeah, I know what you mean. Democracy certainly isn't all it pretends to be. I also feel politically alienated. Yet revolutions of all sorts do happen when enough people move together against the status quo. For me the problem is that negativity alone is only destructive. I just feel that good criticism needs to wed a positive or creative vision to its attack to save itself from hatred. Perhaps however I'm not demonstrating my own argument very well. = )

Best Answer

Turtlesplash are you talking about the USA? If you are go back to square 1. The USA is not a democracy, It is a Constitutional Republic!

Best Answer

Yeah, American politicians NEVER talk about democracy. What was I thinking? There can't possibly be any relationship at all between democracy and a constitutional republic. Jeez dude, if you're going to be a pedant you should really be a little more expansive.

Best Answer

There is a big difference in the way the two forms of government operate, If you don't want to be misunderstood use the correct terminology.

Best Answer

......who like waging war.

Best Answer

i love the government i like em greedy bastards

Best Answer

No way, really? Greed is going to destroy our Country! You can only be king for long before you fall from grace.

Best Answer

Greed on who's part? Those who have or those who don't and would even settle to simply steal from those who do, even if they never saw one dime of it personally.

Best Answer

me.

Best Answer

Well Said!

Best Answer

*insert heavy sigh here*

Best Answer

Your question could apply to any country.

Best Answer

Ding Ding Ding! Step down to claim your prize!

Best Answer

Power grabbing is more like it.

Best Answer