ftlulz
milander milander 41-45, M 9 Answers Dec 25, 2011

tell that to all the women that suffer horrible abuse & death at the hands of their in laws, beloved hubby & lovin family

Best Answer

...which happens regardless of whether the marriage is arranged or not. Simple fact is that spousal murder/assault is far far more common in societies where marriage is not arranged even when you take into account the disparage in numbers,

Best Answer

Well, that could be very nice for the man, getting his parents or authority figures to arrange a slave ...err... spouse for him who would do all the work, bear his children, et cetera - all on pain of banishment if they didn't toe the line! But otherwise, I don't think it would work out very happily. I know of a few Indian women (in India, its customary for parents or others to choose spouses for their children) and they have been driven to distraction by the antics of husbands and / or in-laws - and can't get out of it !!!! So they suicide!<br />
Human relationships, especially these days are dicey and full of karma very frequently. Why not let the ones wanting to get married or paired up pick their own karma; then at least they can't blame anyone else!

Best Answer

thank you for the chance, if only everyone this is the answer and all would be solved many thousands of years experience tells us this. marriages should always be arranged<br />
now only about 53% in the USA ever marry and large amount of divorce face it the India system is better only problem large bride price should be much lower people learn love much better then stupid brain chemicals that is called love.

Best Answer

This is the kind of answer I was hoping for, one with the immediate emotive response removed, thank you driftingsmoke.

Best Answer

Large bride price? sounds like you're buying a slave! Marriage is supposed to be two people fall in LOVE and want to be together- arranged marriages take the love part out and it is really just a legal form of slavery. The women are not happy for the most part- you guys that think they are have blinders on! They PRETEND to be happy because they know that if they get divorced they will be thought of as an outcast and be alone &amp; worse off- but it is by no means a happy way to have a family- it's like a bussiness arrangement.

Best Answer

People that don't love each other end up getting DIVORCED. If you are forced to marry someone- this is not a recipe for a HAPPY family- yes the marriages may last, but is it a REAL happiness or a faked obligated one?

Best Answer

You'd really trust your Mum and Dad to pick a partner for you?

Best Answer

16

Best Answer

Suicide rates would go up. Had my parents picked my spouse I'd be with...well...a man I have nothing in common with. A man who thinks and believes differently from me. Arranged marriages are great for children who are incapable of using their own mind and being their own person. But for those of us with brains who aren't exactly like our parents would never be happy in a forced strict society that dictates who you can and can't love. The comments about marriage in india are a bunch of ****. For the women who are happy I bet you I could find the same amount if not more who are miserable, abused, and depressed but faking happiness cause in their society they're not *allowed* to leave their husbands. No matter how horrible of a man he is. Anyone who thinks arranged marriages are an answer to fix problems of the world is an idiot(and most likely a man)

Best Answer

curiously you could reverse what you've said and equally well apply it to a society, our society, where marriage choice is essentially left up to the individual... just saying.

Best Answer

I agree whole heartedly Lotus04! well said!

Best Answer

arranged marriages are not a solution to relationship problems

Best Answer