It's Two. Try sending in a typed story for review; if there aren't two spaces after a period, chances are they will send it back as unread. That is a fact. It really is *two* in order to be considered gramatically correct. :)<br />
~F

Best Answer

two, that's the way i was taught in school

Best Answer

Two.

Best Answer

The rule is still two. Notice that (on the iPhone and Blackberry at least) on your phone, when you space twice after a word, it automatically inserts the period for you.

Best Answer

That's cool. My Evo doesn't do that. :P

Best Answer

on any keyboard, you always put TWO spaces after a period...........

Best Answer

I would agree with that.

Best Answer

Two.<br />
That's the way I learned when learning to "type". Now, it's just a natural thing to do.

Best Answer

I took typing classes in middle school. I always use two.

Best Answer

Was high school for me. Almost 50 years ago.

Best Answer

2

Best Answer

When creating a document that I will share with others, I use two. So it kinda of translates over to the computer.

Best Answer

Either is considered correct.

Best Answer

Crap. I was taught to only put one, and apparently, I'm wrong and stupid. Some Grammar Nazi I am!

Best Answer

I was taught two, but I guess sometime around ten years ago I read that one space was now the proper thing to do. I can't recall the source though.

Best Answer