my 1/2 brothers mom just found out she is in the 4th stage of bone and blood cancer i was just wondering how many stages is there
gloriajean238509 gloriajean238509 26-30, F 5 Answers Jul 12, 2009

Every type of cancer has stages. I pasted this from cancer.gov, hope it helps! Stage four cannot be cured. I lost my Dad when i was 17 from cancer. I'm so so sorry and I wish the best for you and your family.

Stage 0-Carcinoma in situ (early cancer that is present only in the layer of cells in which it began).

Stage 1,2,3- Higher numbers indicate more extensive disease: greater tumor size, and/or spread of the cancer to nearby lymph nodes and/or organs adjacent to the primary tumor.

Stage 4-The cancer has spread to another organ.

Best Answer

Cancer is staged by the degree of involvement in the tissue it starts in and whether it has spread outside that tissue. For example: In a person who has a colon cancer there are 4 stages possible. stage 1: cancer starts in colon, stage 2,3: cancer has moved throughout all tissue layers in the colon to the outside of the colon to the mesentary and lymph nodes,stage 4: cancer has also spread to another organ like the liver or lungs.

Best Answer

my aunt is suffering from blood cancer, at present her WBC range is 1,24,000.... can you describe the stage of that patient

Best Answer

AS far as I know and can remember there are only 4 stages of cancer that are recognized by medical professionals. Stage 4 is the worst. I am so sorry about your brothers mom.

Best Answer