I wash mine 20-30 times a day. I've been told that's a bit excessive.
hadyourchance hadyourchance 31-35, F 27 Answers Oct 9, 2012 in Community

Maybe once or twice, whenever they feel llike they need washing. As Nightbirdflying already posted on here, "you need to expose yourself to some germs in order to build up a strong immuned system...." Say what you want, I've been like this all my life and I never get sick or anything.

Best Answer

I probably wash mine about the same... as long as I'm working that day. :P Otherwise less than 10.

Best Answer

What do you do for work?

Best Answer

Cook. But even there, I wash my hands more than anybody else. I'm also the only person who does the temperature logs, so maybe I'm the only one who actually cares about food safety.

Best Answer

I don't count. If they need washing, for hygiene or sticky or just dirty, then wash them. Else, don't.

Best Answer

yeah your a psycho

Best Answer

I like clean hands.

Best Answer

3 times before prayers

6 times before and after meals

about 10 times for other occasions.

My washing hands is not only for cleanliness

but most importantly for power and protection

as taught in the Holy Books:

"Whoso wisheth to pray, let him wash his hands, and while he washeth, let him say:

Strengthen my hand, O my God, that it may take hold of Thy Book with such steadfastness that the hosts of the world shall have no power over it. Guard it, then, from meddling with whatsoever doth not belong unto it. Thou art, verily, the Almighty, the Most Powerful."

(Baha'u'llah, Prayers and Meditations by Baha'u'llah, p. 313)

Best Answer

5-7 times a day

Best Answer

Id say about 10

Best Answer

75-100...vet tech student

Best Answer

You're hands must get dry.

Best Answer

Yup

Best Answer

Fifty? Its not ocd, I cook and clean and touch animals all day ( allergic).

Best Answer

10 to 40 times :)

Best Answer

Countless

Best Answer

3-5 times. Unless I'm cooking chicken or messing with ground beef--then it's every 4 minutes or so.

Best Answer

I never counted but probably atleast 25. More on the increaslingly rare days when I work.

Best Answer

Probably 20 or so times a day. I work in a convention center and meet a lot of people from all over the world. Plus it isn't just about 'us' and our immune system. It would be good if those who say once or twice, washed their hands at least after going to the bathroom. Especially before touching surfaces in common areas or preparing food. Even if a person wants to introduce more germs into their lives, they shouldn't force their germs on others.

Best Answer

On average 69 times for nine seconds each, with soap, 57 applications of of antibacterial hand sanitizer, then moisturizer, 96 three second hand washes with no soap. I have a condition.

Best Answer

Not a lot.

Best Answer

i guess I've never kept track ... at least five times a day and maybe as many as a dozen

Best Answer

That is a tad excessive.... you'll wash off all the bodies natural defenses and leave yourself exposed to other problems... Plus the natural oils in your hands will deplete over time..... Just wipe them under your arm pits once in a while like us surgeons do....

Best Answer

My hands get dry to the point they crack and need steroid cream. I'm trying to switch to warm water instead of hot...and air drying instead of towels.

Best Answer

ahhh but steroid cream will cause skin thinning (striae) and depending what you touch next will be absorbed quicker by different skin types.... for instance your eyelids and private parts absorb 200 to 300 x more of the steroid than your hands do... my advice is to wash less frequently and let me head over and blow them dry for you....

Best Answer