Well a person I deal with likes to hit me with verbal jabs especially when she is around her friends. She likes showing out but I always correct her which gets tiresome real quick. I dnt like to deal with unnecessary crap, what about you?
love2cut love2cut 31-35, F 21 Answers Jul 24, 2010

I wouldn't put up wht the verbal jams, I would walk out ot there righ there and then. It not worth it. If you have to keep reminding her that it not cool, it just a waste of time. <br />
When friends disrespect me, the first time I dust if off but I only give them two more chances, and if they screw those up. They are out of my life for good. I save a lot of trouble and time with doing this.. I hope this helps.

Best Answer

This is a good question. I'm dealing with this right now in my life. I have a friend who starts every response to me with "No...", even if she's saying effectively the same thing I'm saying, she structures her answer as if she's right and correcting me. She's also been taking 'breaks from the friendship' for months at a time, without any explanation. <br />
I tend to give people many opportunities, give them the benefit of the doubt, but at some point, I think I'm at that point now, I know we have to draw a line and create a boundary, we have to say NO to people who disrespect us. <br />
I guess it's a matter of personal tolerance.

Best Answer

I think it is a great opportunity to show patience. Let your thoughts be known to her clearly. If you are hurt, be hurt. If you are angry, try not to let your anger control you. The reason you let yourself become hurt by her words is so that she sees visibly the pain that she is inflicting. Maybe she doesn't know that her words, even used in a humorous fashion, can impact you negatively. If she continues, take it as a persecution and seek help.

Best Answer

I give them the first one. It is the 2nd or 3rd for me.

Best Answer

I won't call it quits regardless. There is always a chance he/she might recognize what he/she did wrong and I will be there waiting to forgive.

Best Answer

More than twice is playin' with it. I'd cut her off.

Best Answer

i unfortunately go abouve and beyond to accept what my friends do or say. out and out lying is the only thing i will not tollerate, sometimes i wish i could have a lower bs tolerance but i still don't !

Best Answer

Three strikes and they're out!

Best Answer

It just really depends on how much I like the person. I've taken a lot of not nice things from those I thought could mean a lot to me, but then, cut things really short with those that I didn't think could.

Best Answer

Stope her iright there, when it happens again, tell her "I bet you wouldn't like it if I talked to you that way in front of others"<br />
If she apologizes... done.<br />
But if she's an a-hole and says something like "Oh, I wouldn't mind..."<br />
Then tell her: "I'm glad to hear you wouldn't mind, I'll try to talk to you this way then. NOW, let me tell you: it bothers ME when you do it so I'm asking you nicely: Stop"

Best Answer

I mean no disrespect to any other answer here, because I am only giving an ideal answer, ie. an answer based on an ideal. Consider what disrespect really is, and the first instance has to cut deep at a relationship. So deep that it is over at that point. Two people may continue to relate to one an other after that, but that lack of respect lingers and pulls at the relationship. No quick fixes. Counseling and consistent reconsiliation may renew and repair the relationship. People may last forever in it. But true disrespect leads to destroyed trust, at least in one area of relating to the other person. Disrespect is a large red flag, step back, stand firm on being respected, if the other person defends the disrespect in any way. My advise to myself is to walk away without disrespecting the other person, just walk away and do not go back.

Best Answer

If it appears to be constant and the main part of the 'relationship' I'd end it as quick as I can. That person could not be considered a friend.

Best Answer

There is no standard rule for this, there are too many variables.

Best Answer

Until it doesn't become amusing anymore.<br />
If they do it over an over, tell them to stop.<br />
If they still do that, they're not respecting you and you could call it quits.

Best Answer

I invest a lot of time and energy into a relationship. I also have shared a lot of details and personal facts with the individual. Sometimes personal negative facts or problems shared with your friends could cause them to disrespect you as a person because they no longer see you as a person of value. If others in the group begin to disrespect you and your friend does not cover for you, you begin to feel hurt if they do not stick up for you. I stand up for myself, however, it would be nice if I have my friend backing me in a group. I have a mutual acquaintence that hangs out with me and my friend and her sisters. She has undermined me in front of everyone more than once. She also is into taking picturend while sharing the back seat with her she put her <br />
camera about 4" in front of my face to take a picture on my side of the car. She did this about 10 times. I firmly asked her to stop and she continued. She made undermining remarks everytime I opened my mouth. I stood up for myself, but she continued. My friend did not stick up for me because she likes this girl and has befriended her along with my friends sisters. I have been friends longer than her. The other thing is that my friend is African American and I am Caucasian and I believe that they feel awkward with me being white and this other girl that is picking on me is also a person of color. She even made a racial comment to me and stated, "Do you always hang out with blacks?" My comment back was that I do not look at color and that they are my friends. But she forced the issue. They're actually segregating me because they would not walk with me down the street when we all went to a festival. I moved up to walk with them and they moved back so that I was either in front of them or behind them, but they would not walk with me. They're conversations were around me and when I added to the conversation, they would not add to my comment and it would just die there. They would not include me in their conversations and would not talk to me in them. I was just there. This just started happening when this new girl start hanging with the group. She is very pretty and very talented and she is a person of color. I am pretty and talented and was their friend, but I am white and therefore I am being excluded.<br />
Basically what I am going to do is tell my friend (when I can get her alone) what has been happening. I am going to tell her that she has been my friend and I have invested time into this relationship, but that this new girl is being disrespectful to me and I need her help when she continues even when I set a boundary. I am going to tell her that I want to continue to go out with them, but I cannot tolerate being disrespected and undermined in public. I am going to ask her help. She might tell me that she is not going to get involved. I am going to tell her that she is my friend and I really could use her help. I am going to ask her not to side in with this other girl because she's wrong a

Best Answer