I started cutting about one week ago (drawing blood, I've been cutting longer without) and one of my arms from my wrist to my elbow is full and half my other arm is. Is this normal (I mean besides the fact that you shouldn't cut) or is this extremely dangerous?
Hiway202 Hiway202 13-15, T 12 Answers Nov 29, 2012 in Self Harm

(a) that's quite a bit<br />
(b) cutting is a nastily addictive thing, and will usually get worse over time.<br />
(c) if you can figure out some other way to do what it is cutting does for you, then do that.<br />
(d) I note that you are transgender; trans people usually have it very rough...if you can get cognitive-behavioral therapy or Dialectical-behavioral therapy, either could help.

Best Answer

Seriously, get help. Why would you want to hurt yourself?

Best Answer

I have never cut them on purpose and rarely cut them accidentally.

Best Answer

That is really dangerous,you should seek help....

Best Answer

Go see your doctor.

Best Answer

It's dangerous bla bla bla I cannot talk because I self-harm (although I stick to my stomach because almost nobody knows) just make sure u don't do it on the pale side of your arm okay? And to answer your question it depends. I self harm and so do two of my close friends. I carve large drawings or words into myself which usually span from my bellybutton to my hip and twenty cm high. I do this every fortnight or so. Friend #1 cuts small razor cuts 7cm long once a day usually <br />
Freind 2 has tried to commit suicide by overdose 3 times, uses knives to cut deeply all over her body and has all sorts of freeze burn and burn wounds all over her, and thats not all she has.<br />
So I guess you're maybe just abover average? It depends how often and deep u do it I guess <br />
Hope this helped and sorry for going on

Best Answer

its dangerous! its dangerous because overtime you will need to cut deeper to get the relief, and its dangerous because your body actually reacts by releasing endorphins that make you feel good when you cut and you can become easily addicted to that. <br />
That is what drugs do- they trigger the release of endorphins that make you feel good. Its not good though! mindfulness meditation can help you if you do it everyday

Best Answer

Dude ur arms can't b full. Trust me. I wasn't a cutter but everyone said I was because that was how I tried to kill myself. If u r mad enough to really CUT u will practically peel the skin clean off. And there is non average. Lol normally cut when sad which can b always or almost never. My best friend cuts about twice a month whereas an old friend cuts anywhere from 50 to 100 times a day

Best Answer

i cut to drink but i could just try not to :/

Best Answer

Once you grow up and get a job you will have things to think about other than self pitty. If your lucky you may end up with a job like mine where you cut yourself all day long, if you don't keep your brain on what your doing you may even leak to death. Ain;t life great.

Best Answer

dangerous dont do that to yourself your going to f yourself up later in life

Best Answer