How long did it take?
l3lackmamba l3lackmamba 18-21, F 19 Answers Apr 27, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

Once, three years ago. I've moved on with my life and am happy most of the time. But in the wrong circumstances I still get extremely melancholy and wonder if the hurt will ever fully heal.

Best Answer

How long it takes depends a lot on you. EP is full of people who have decided to stretch it out so the heartache becomes a reliable comfortable part of their lives, like their partner used to be.

I say mourn for a while, learn about yourself, and then let time and new life events push the pain into a distant part of your memory.

Best Answer

let time and new life events push the pain into a distant part of your memory. I like that

Best Answer

"Let" being the important word. I'm in that mode myself so we'll see if I follow my own advice.

Best Answer

Twice, I guess.

I am feeling much better. I'm not sure if anyone ever fully recovers. I think it's more like you end up with a scar. It heals over, but it's never the same.

Best Answer

And scars reminds you of that person and the moments you had with that person

Best Answer

Yes. And the pain.

Best Answer

Twice by my wife and yes now recovered for the best.I have to thank her as she become the door to the divine and also have learned about what forgiving is.

Best Answer

That's the reward of being patient

Best Answer

It is not being patient my dear,it is the love that I had for her.

Best Answer

I am on the mend as we speak. The time frame is embarrassing.

Best Answer

That's not embarassing...there are people who never recovers

Best Answer

I so hope you're wrong.

Best Answer

Twice.

I have recovered with scars but am haunted.

Best Answer

Scars reminds you a lot

Best Answer

Agreed although we are all scarred in different ways.
Hopfully yours heal quickly.
Best
Helena xo

Best Answer

Well, the last time that it happened is the last time that it is gonna happen.

Best Answer

Too many and sometimes you never fully recover but you learn to cope and move on with your life.

Best Answer

Twice....not yet

Best Answer

But atleast ypu are hopeful! God bless you

Best Answer

Four times. The first time, I clearly deserved it. The fourth was no-fault, an accident.

Recovered from the first three. The fourth.... I don't know. Time will tell.

It usually takes several months before the grieving is all over.

Best Answer

How long has it been?

Best Answer

Whew, that's complicated. First was over 20 years ago. Second, about 15 years ago. Third.... Still going on.... And fourth was technically a couple of weeks ago.

Best Answer

Just once and not properly!

Best Answer

Many. Not sure I will ever allow it to happen again.

Best Answer

None. Other wise I'd be dead

Best Answer

every time i've tried to open up, not many but still. i haven't recovered, i think i'm broken :/

Best Answer

=c i feel you...they say true love lasts forever, i hope that doesnt refer to the pain it comes with... And am kinda glad you've found a question worth answering

Best Answer

Three times broken severley. Each time took a couple years and a new lover to get over the heart ache

Best Answer

New lover is a rapid treatment lol

Best Answer