How did you arrange the meeting and what did you guys do? Have you guys met up with that person again since that first visit? why or why not?
abeautifullife abeautifullife 16-17, F 17 Answers May 5, 2009

i haven't done it yet, but i think it would be very important to make sure the meeting was in a public place. i also think it would be a good idea to make the meeting early in case you hit it off and want to spend the day together. like i said, though, i haven't done it yet so i'm not the best judge. i would really like to have an in person meeting with someone special, though!

Best Answer

once. and a year of bliss later, i found out he had a drug addiction that he had conveniently "forgotten" to tell me about. i want everyone to realize that people online can tell you as much or as little as they want about themselves, so you've got to be careful.

Best Answer

well, once and we still are very very good friends :)

Best Answer

I'm going to, but my sister knows him and he goes to my school, so I guess it doesn't really count.

Best Answer

4 times. I've seen one friend 2 times. I spent a few days in his town just hanging out having fun and then he came to my town and we hung out and watched movies that kinda stuff. We talk on messenger alot. Another one visited me and we had a fun time but never saw each other again after that. I flew to Arizona to meet a friend and I had a blast. Loved Arizona but haven't seen or even talked to the other friend in a long time. The last one I flew to California and he came home with me a week later :D A year after that we got engaged and married! So I guess for the most part I've had good experiences and didn't meet any creeps. Lucky huh?

Best Answer

I have met 20 men from an online dating site always in a public place. I had an instant chemistry with only one man who I had an affair with for 6 months until his wife found out. I have stayed friends with several of the other men<br />
in that we meet and talk, or just email to keep with each <br />
other.

Best Answer

I met three people from EP when I was in America (I'm from the UK) during March. That's the only time I have physically met up with anyone who I met online. It was a great experience -- hopefully I'll do it again soon.

Best Answer

Four times...one was disappointing, one is in the past, and the other 2 are my bestest friends.

Best Answer

Not even once .. They are too far for me or Am I too far for them lol ,, but I will definitely when Its my time to travel there where they live ;)

Best Answer

Twice...big BIG mistake...I was one of the lucky ones who picked out a harmless enough looking (read ugly) person and decided to befriend them as they seemed like they needed a frind to point them in the right direction. Ugh. STUPID, STUPID!! All the time I was being "groomed" as prey. And subsequently preyed upon. Yes ladies, there are really these effed up individuals out there. SO be wary.<br />
Noone from Ep though.

Best Answer

Two times. My husband and my best friend. Not bad huh?

Best Answer

Twice. Both times it was on-line dating. The fellows were perfectly charming but in both cases it was clear that while we were compatible, there was no chemistry. Both great guys, though! One guy took me to play pool and we had a blast! The other guy took me to a gourmet dinner. But before I went I really had my "guy-dar" active. Looked for signs of instability and desperation. It was worth the energy and I have no regrets.

Best Answer

I've met a few EP'ers and loved it each time. MnM was the farthest and I actually flew to Cali for a few days on that one. I've met the rest here in my own backyard though, Grams and Puck being the latest (with Ivotedforpedro of course). Just fun and nice to finally be able to hug them in real life!

Best Answer

I have a couple of times and I have always had someone with me, either a close friend or family member. We met in aesturant and had dinner, talked. I often talked with them on the phone several times. I also met some friends that I had been a part of a support group online and they had a conference. Again I wasn't alone, I had my husband with me but meeting them made the connection stronger.

Best Answer