the cop who killed Brown get? Be realistic and give benefit of the doubt. My answer: Charge him with 2nd degree murder or at the very least voluntary manslaughter and give the maximum penalty.
scorpioman84 scorpioman84 26-30 9 Answers Aug 19 in Community

I'm not convinced one way or the other. If you are counting on the media to provide the whole story, you may be in for a disappointment.

Best Answer

I am convinced that six bullets are overkill. I am convinced that we can stop bullshitting ourselves and face the fact that black teens have a higher chance of being murdered by the police. I am convinced that police brutality is out of control. I am convinced this abuse of power needs to end. I'm convinced police need to stop protecting each other and start protecting the people.

Best Answer

It may sound harsh or unfair to you but, the existing training paradigm is to shoot until the threat stops being a threat, aim for the center mass and don't stop until it goes down. I am a 60 year old white guy and have also been verbally and physically abused by uniformed police. I have no trouble believing anyone can be abused by an out of control system which places government authority higher than the rights of it's citizens. I am not prepared on the basis of what is currently known to make a judgement one way or the other on the actions of the officer or the deceased young man. There just isn't enough reliable information.

Best Answer

There are many things that sound harsh and unfair to me, but are necessary. This is not one of them.

1). Shoot until the threat stops being a threat.
Mr. Brown was unarmed. The threat was not there. Not to mention, he was shot by Officer Wilson while walking away.

2). Aim for the center mass.

I was not aware that this included such places as the arm and head.

3). How much information do you need to know that unloading a clip into an unarmed civilian is wrong and should be punished?

Best Answer

You don't have to be armed to be a threat, What you aim at and what you hit when under duress are sometimes different things. I need to know exactly what happened, I don't and neither do you. I wait to find out more, you just run off with the first thing that pops into your easily influenced head.

Best Answer

Easily-influenced? Resorting to ad hominem just proves your argument is worthless. Is there a reason you are unwilling to admit that this was murder?

Best Answer

ad whominuim... methinks the pot doth accuse the kettle of being encrusted with carbon. I have stated repeatedly, and will restate again. I don't know enough about what happened and I'm pretty sure you don't either. there are only so many ways of saying that without being repetitive.

Best Answer

What don't you know? They have accounts from several witnesses (different views), they have a picture showing where the bullets hit...what exactly are you waiting for to know?

Best Answer

what I don't know is if the PO was justified in using force. there are witness accounts, they do not all agree. some jibe with the cop and some with the kid who was also involved with roughing up some guy in a stop and shop that just got robbed by him and the deceased. One says he was backing up the other says he was moving forward, one says he grabbed the gun the other says the PO grabbed the kid by the neck. I wasn't there, I'm working on the assumption you were not either. I don't trust the cop, I don't trust CNN or Fox news. If you want to make decisions based on what you see on the internet or hear on the news, be my guest. I'll wait to see what else come out of this before I start claiming somebody should go to jail and for how long.

Best Answer

My decision is that regardless which version is true, the cop was not justified in using deadly force. What sort of punishment should be meted out is up to evidence and the courts - remember he didn't shoot him when he was supposedly grabbing for his gun (had he called and reported this?). Too many things don't add up here.

Best Answer

You don't even know any real details?..

Best Answer

I know what I need to know. Good luck convincing me the kid deserved getting shot six times.

Best Answer

Yeah I think should get harsher charges & sentences. Cops are NOT above the law & should NEVER do what they did there. Like when the cops sh0t & k!lled mark duggan here in the uk 4 no reason. No fcking reason. Its NOT right. Not fcking right at all. That cop should get EVERYTHING coming 2 him & biggest & worst sentence he can get.

Best Answer

I tend to agree - however, other factors - such as his police training. If his training consisted of being taught to shoot to kill without thought if rushed (assuming this is true) - then he should be punished, but perhaps not will the entire term (let's say punishment is 10-15 years...maybe 10 would be more justified than 15). There are a lot of mitigating circumstances yet to be uncovered - but for certain he should face trial.

Best Answer

More natural 4 them cos of being trained 2 k!ll yeah. Should still know right & wrong though & as a law enforced/cop has a responsibility 2 uphold the law & protect people & SHOULD know better than most people or if they don't then shouldn't be a law enforcer/cop at all. NOT 2 just sh00t & k!ll them 4 no reason (when guns are illegal in the country without a special permit/license) like they did with mark duggan guy in london in 2011.

Idk what happend with this Brown guy. Haven't looked at the news. But as a cop should DEFO know his role & be responsible cos he has such an importnant role in society & him abusing that & abusing that trust that was given 2 him by the goverment or higher cops. They should pay 2 4 leaving him in charge. If they hadn't this might have not have happend.

Best Answer

Charge them all. Him & his supperiors.

Best Answer

Yeah. Sure. Like that is going to happen. You know.. it is statements like that, that give people rioting full acceptance in my book. You are aware, that fairy tale is never going to happen, right? Or do you know, but you like that most people dont, so you just give them the six oclock news version of the truth? When a cop that kills someone unarmed like that, it should be a townsquare beheading. Plain and simple. Or.. the people will teach you that eventually. If you actually cared about justice for its own sake, you would care that there is little to no public retribution against police officers. And that is why they go on acting like little tin starred sociopath meglomaniacs. Because they dont have any fear of reprisal. The fact that you dont know that, or dont care means your just trolling.
Realistic. What a joke.

Best Answer

So, to be clear - you're in favor off Officer Wilson being punished?

Best Answer

How many years should someone get for inciting a riot?

Best Answer

I don't know. Add that to the list of charges against Officer Wilson.

Best Answer

For the kangaroo court to look into?

Best Answer

Pretty sure you wouldn't be singing this tune if a white teen got shot to death by a black police officer. Guess this one doesn't matter - after all, just one less ****** to feed, right?

Best Answer

It has nothing do with white or black for me, but it is all about race for you. If that Jackboot shot that kid while that kid was running away from him with out a gun in his hand then I hope he fries for it. Unlike you I have not seen the all of it yet. I do not live 24 hours and have to have justice. If it takes months it takes months.

Best Answer

Shot in the arm and head - there was no warning there. Officer Wilson just missed Brown's head four times.

Best Answer

Perhaps that is what the rumor you heard and perhaps all the pot and booze has made more of this than it is. I believe the cop shot at him while the kid was running away and after the kid felt the shots and turn to the cop. At the point was the kid aggressive? is that way he fired again? After the cop fired again did the kid then decide to give up and the cop fired more times? The truth is that the cop should not have fired at the kid if he was running away without a weapon. I live in a city full of cop murders. Goggle it Albuquerque, They even murdered a retard in the hills, We all protested it but no over race but a military police force. Our homes will be safer for it were yours will not because no white cop will want to help you.

Best Answer

Apparently the cop hit Brown in the arm as he was fleeing. According to BBC, an expert has said that the bullet wounds in the skull are consistent with a victim who had his head hunched over (bum rushing the cop or shot execution style?).

This sort of thing has been happening far too often and needs to be stopped. How likely would Officer Wilson have been to shoot at a white kid? I don't expect an answer - it's a rhetorical question - and one I think we, as Americans, should really pause to consider. I'm certainly no Al Sharpton or a proponent of "white guilt," I do, however, recognize that there is a race problem and it needs to be fixed. I know a lot of people want to skirt the issue and say this has nothing to do with race, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that if Mr. Brown had not been black, he'd be alive today.

Best Answer

While I think there are momentary reasons for thinking it was a racial for most who want it to be that way. I see it CAN be different I am not saying it is I do not know enough about the cop yet. 1. Two hot headed people came together that day and one is dead. 2. Homeland security has militarized the cops all around this country. They are in training the same way as a police action is done in war. in 1990 1 million dollars was spent for army surplus goods for police departments. 2012 450 million with training included. Our cops here did not care about color it was just a good time to shoot someone they thought.

Best Answer

Well, I do think location matters when talking about race as well. According to the U.S. census taken in 2010, Albuquerque was 3.3% black...Ferguson, Mo on the other hand - 67.4% black.

Anyhow, race-related or not, I think it's rather clear that regardless the version that turns out to be the truth, Officer Wilson acted recklessly (I do not think he planned to go "coon hunting" as some would say) and needs to be brought to justice. Killing someone like this isn't just an unfortunate mistake - it's a crime and should be treated as such.

Let the facts come out to see which charges will be most fitting - but giving him paid leave and treating him as the victim is bullshit.

Best Answer

We have parts of town that are made up of mostly blacks and the cops are in those areas all the time. 1/2 blacks 1/2 spanish 1/2 whites too. Do not start with me on we do not have color. Any time that any race no matter its color that stands up for its race just because of race is going to suffer big for it. If we do not learn from the mistakes that our race makes and say no to it then a big problem for many years will happen.. If we say yes he us a big jerk, but no you cannot say that about them or do anything about it because he is our race and we will protect him. Then back to the caveman day we all will go. Because it is not one race that will do that only all races will do that soon after. This has nothing to do with this kid.

Best Answer

If you are getting on about this highlighting the larger issue of police brutality across America, then I agree fully.

Best Answer

I need to know what happened before I can offer an opinion.

Best Answer

Best case scenario (from the cop's point of view): Mr. Brown rushed at Officer Wilson and reached for his gun, prompting the officer to kill him (instead of getting in his vehicle and shutting the door or any other number of options he had available to him).

Best Answer

can he have a trial first or do we just burn him at the stake?

Best Answer

Of course - put him on trial for 2nd degree murder or voluntary manslaughter. Unless he thought to himself "I'm gonna go kill me a ******" - I'm sure it wasn't premediated (1st degree) murder. Question is - was it 2nd degree murder or voluntary manslaughter? Involuntary manslaughter is out of the question as shooting 2 bullets into someone's skull isn't meant to just incapacitate them.

Best Answer

In ´Murica ? Those are the things that make you go hmmmmm....

Best Answer

?

Best Answer

None

Best Answer

How many years if the cop was black and the teen was white?

Best Answer

None. I'm not racist either.

Best Answer

So, it's totally fine to just shoot and kill if you're a cop? Realize that it wasn't as if he reacted and shot once - or even twice - he shot 6 times. Rather excessive, don't you think?

Best Answer

We haven't heard the whole story yet, but it will come out. I may change my mind if the facts are there.

Best Answer

Here's the story -

Michael Brown robbed a store of some cigars worth a grand total of $50.00. He and is friend were walking down the road in the street and were stopped by Officer Darren Wilson.

Version 1: Mr. Brown ran after and attacked Officer Wilson

Version 2: Officer Wilson apprehended Mr. Brown, who struggled to get away.

(The above is where there's some discrepancy. Now to continue without discrepancy.)

Officer Wilson responded to the situation by firing six rounds into Mr. Brown, including two shots to the head.

What else do you need to know to realize this example of police brutality needs to be punished?

Best Answer

How about the officers side of the story. Haven't heard it yet. Why can't we wait and see before we blame?

Best Answer

The officer's side is in the news as well. The point is that Officer Wilson used deadly force when other options were clearly available. That in itself needs to be punished.

Best Answer