Yea my heart doctor lives next door so she knows how much I smoke. That's not a good thing. But I also know how much she smokes. So when she tells me to quit I just return the favor. Some people on EP have herd me say I lit a cigarette in the Dr.s office, yea it was in her office when she told me to quit. The 3rd time.
Blacklungs Blacklungs 18-21, M 3 Answers Jul 12, 2012

If you tell your doctor that you smoke, and they "counsel" you to stop smoking, they can bill your insurance for it. It is about money. You would do the same. The fact that they smoke is irrelevant and you should quit smoking anyway.

Best Answer

True. Quitting is for our own health, not for the health of the doctors.

Best Answer

the hardest place for me to walk by is the no smoking area in front of the hospital.

ironically, that's where there are the most smokers. I cough loudly when i walk by : P

Best Answer

It's hypocrisy. It's like mother telling a child no that's not yours don't touch as the mother is stealing a wallet from a pregnant woman's purse. Maybe you two can quit together. It helps to do it with a support system

Best Answer