my red eared slider is always hungry & when i get near him he is kinda begging me for food. when i brought him two months ago i was told to give him 4-5 pellets of the fish food but i don't know wether the big size one or the small one i give him about 11 small pellets i also give him small bits of banana & cucember is this right???
livehappy livehappy 16-17, F 7 Answers Feb 18, 2011

I feed my turtle little dry shrimp.And they love it.Thanks to the people over here on this website.

Best Answer

Ditto. Sliders appetites never end. Or that there begging for food seems to never end. I have not owned a red eared slider, but I have a baby diamondback terrapin. Whenever the little guy sees me he begs and begs for food eventhough I fed him an hour ago.He loves shrimp and commercial food. Each meal (2 times a day) five pellets and every other day a few shrimps. Avoid krill.

Best Answer

Why avoid krill

Best Answer

Can someone tell me why avoid krill cause I feed my babies mini sticks ,mini krill and baby shrimp and once in a while ill by them some feeder fish

Best Answer

same thing as sb

Best Answer

feed him dried shrimp or other meat and dust it with a source of calcium, like powdered cuttlebone, powdered eggshell, or calc. supplement. feed with that and about 5 pellets twice a day, and put in a piece of lettuce or something in between meals.

Best Answer

what does a baby red eared eared sliding turtles looks like ?

Best Answer