Depends who I'm resisting.

Best Answer

I think you should do a google search for epiphenomenalism. <br />
If you're too lazy (or not a philosopher), the idea is that because the interactions between atoms and molecules are clearly defined in chemistry, and the ways in which they create proteins are clearly defined in biochemistry, we only have the illusion of free will because in reality everything we do (decisions, actions, thoughts, etc.) is just a series of brain chemicals sending signals and impulses through neurons, causing us to do what we do.

Best Answer

Yeah that's an implication. This is a really heated debate within philosophical circles because the only way to get around this is to say that material science (science based on the idea that things come from smaller things, and those smaller things are made up of even smaller things) is wrong, and that consciousness doesn't form from the nexus of subject and object or space and time or impulses within the brain, but rather the assumption must be made that there is something that we can think of as a soul, (or consciousness or mind, or whatever you want to call it) and that is what creates the intersubjective reality we experience.
Fun stuff, huh? It gets a little confusing when it goes into intersubjective verifiability and collective consciousness and other such topics. I'd def. encourage you to google it. Philosophy is lots of fun lol

Best Answer

It depends upon the situation...and who is involved...

Best Answer

ummmm....i dont know O.O

Best Answer

Of course I do... ;)

Best Answer

im out of control so i know no one else is in control anyways.

Best Answer

100%, you just react in ways you may regret, but it was still your choice to act/react.

Best Answer

Total control ultimately, but the discipline to do so is another story.

Best Answer

full, because I am The Man

Best Answer