Very little. Experience has profoundly demonstrated to me how terribly deceptive and inaccurate first impressions can be. Interesting to me in that respect is that, according to the psychological profession, the first impression a female perceives from a potential partner weighs a multiple of degrees more significant toward their attraction to that potential partner than any other aspect, consideration and variable.

Best Answer

I don’t think they are of the utmost importance and I don’t think they are a good indicator*if* someone has enough common sense to know the difference between what is common sense and what is not. We grow and bond into our friendships and relationships; first impressions are exactly what they say they are on the tin. Remember the reverse of this; first impressions can just as easily be deceptions and it’s something that seems to fly over the heads of some :-)<br />
Good question!<br />
~F~

Best Answer

First impression is important - the first 10 second after scanning a person tells me if I am comfortable with the guy or not. This is called intuition or instinct never lies. Only thing is what you see may not be necessarily what you will get. So getting to know him closer and longer will able to make me to decide if he is worth to be just good friends or the one and only. Usually I prefer to start as friends and let time to tell if he is the one. Next is also best to ask the other person if we made an impression to them or not?

Best Answer

Not important at all, my first impressions are almost always wrong.

Best Answer

Umm, I usually know when someone's vibe is off and that is usually good indication. However, I do have a three strike rule. You never know someone can be off one time but three times then that's just the way they are.

Best Answer

Sometimes. A first impression doesn't always indicate the type of person who may or may not bring a connection of friendship, or have warning signs posted to thier actions and words. However depending on the situation some first impressions can be very informative when we are observent. None of us make a great first impression all the time. <br />
When I meet with someone who strikes me as odd, or raises some concern I will usually take the time to get to know them better unless there is some doubt over the safety of my child or home. Then again even when someone makes a great impression there will be some time taked before allowing them to get to much of a connection with my son.

Best Answer

I did not really like my little second kitten. I liked the first one I had. The second one turned out to be the love of my life, but I have had two people now that wanted me as friends and I pretty much thought that was okay. They both turned out to cause me ALOT of trouble

Best Answer

First impression for what it's worth is just that. However, it would be in the best interest of that person to project a sense of well being.

Best Answer

Not much at all. Some of my closest friends are those whom I couldn't stand before I took the time to get to know them.

Best Answer