gityergameon gityergameon 41-45, M 8 Answers Jul 12, 2012

he will rightly or wrongly be forever tarnished by this horrible situation one is only as good as his or her last task and his was not something to brag on

Best Answer

Tough to say. Every revelation makes him look worse, but who knows how much of what he did he even realized--the past decade he hasn't seemed any too aware of what was going on, even when talking about football. He did so much positive, I have the feeling it will end up outweighing this recent horror, that he'll be forgiven or simply judged not to have really understood what was going on. What the truth is, who knows?

Best Answer

I have my own opinions of him as a coach. His decisions off the field don't change what I feel made him a great coach on the field. I don't think he knew about Jerry Sandusky's criminal acts or would ever cover up anything so terrible. Years from now it will fade, the future will know him by the record of 409 wins he coached for the Nittany Lions.

Best Answer

i think his legacy is definitely tarnished, but it won't be destroyed. he has the kind of popularity and legendary status at penn state that makes people very forgiving. people will justify that he made a bad decision, but ultimately, he was protecting a friend and he never did anything himself. people outside of penn state generally respect him as a football coach and dislike him as a person anyway, so this does nothing to change it.<br />
my humble opinion, anyway.

Best Answer

Well I never knew who he was, so he will forever be associated with this scandal.

Best Answer