Im thinking about getting a small one there. I have 5 already so Im not a chicken but I heard they hurt more. I like the look and I can cover it over with my hair if I wanna hide it. Just wondering what people think tbh :-)
Gemzaayy Gemzaayy 26-30, F 13 Answers Apr 25, 2012

Rule of thumb is, the thinner the skin, the more it hurts. Having said that, pain is temporary, looking cool is forever ;)

Best Answer

Thats so true :-D and thanks!

Best Answer

hurt like hell

Best Answer

Owwww really? :-(

Best Answer

I've got tattoos on my hips wrist ankle bones collar bones and ribs I spent 10 or so hours getting a pirate ship on my ribs now that was horrible but I went numb after awhile but I want one behind my ear to but not sure what I was thinking Native American feathers tell me what it felt like for you

Best Answer

Wow thats a lot... bet it looks great tho :-) I havent done it yet lol

Best Answer

Just had one done behind my left ear today. Did not hurt one bit. Actually kinda tickled. I asked the tattoo artist why and he said he thinks it's because it's mostly cartilage behind your ear and there are no major nerves there. I had one done on the inside of my foot last year and that hurt like a mother. Just breathe and it will be fine.

Best Answer

Thats great to know thankyou :-)

Best Answer

i'm thinking of getting my first tattoo behind my left ear. i'm just scared cos it might hurt so bad. i'm getting a small cross. do you think it will hurt a lot? i'm so scared. :(

Best Answer

I dunno I had a different one in the end... I havent had one that hurts too bad tho :-)

Best Answer

is it tolerable? like how would you explain the pain? hahaha. sorry for this question!

Best Answer

Theyre different for everyone really... but basically if its over bone it hurts more... it kinda stings more than anything tho!!! Its worth a little bit of pain for it cause I love my tattoos!!!

Best Answer

its really not bad at all. i got an anchor behind my ear two days ago and it was virtually painless. just felt like a little scratch.

Best Answer

If you still need an answer: I got tattooed behind my ear yesterday and it didn't really hurt. After 10 minutes it started to get very sensitive but to be honest: my foot tattoo was worse :) if the artist keeps the skin tight enough you will be oke ;)

Best Answer

Thank you :-)

Best Answer

sorry havent had that but have got my earlobes done with no pain at all,saying that theres not many nerves there.anything that is running over bone will make you wake up so if you can imagine your skull vibrating will be pretty interesting<br />
my son and his father are both tattooists and i have watched small woman fly through huge tattoos,and gang members screw up there faces in less painful areas....we are all different,

Best Answer

Thank you :-) I hadnt thought about my skull vibrating! If i have it done it will be interesting lol

Best Answer

Depends if its a standard 4, 4 beat or something jazzy.

Best Answer

lol not that kind of tattoo :-P

Best Answer

I've never had a tatt that really hurted, and I've both my hip bones done, can't be all that sore I'd say

Best Answer

So have I :-) None of mine yet were that bad either! Im thinking if I go for it take lots of painkillers just in case lol

Best Answer

If its small it will be over in no time! Let me know how you get on though!!

Best Answer

Yeah I wouldnt want anything huge there lol o it would be quick :-D I havent made up my mind yet tho :-) Thanks!

Best Answer

I'm itching to get a new one myself, 15 is such an odd number ;)

Best Answer

Wow 15? They are an addiction arent they! Im not being nosey (well OK i am :-P) but what you got? :-)

Best Answer

Yes and an expensive one at that. I'll add you there I've some pics of them in my profile

Best Answer

Thanks :-)

Best Answer

I love your leg and foot ones so much :-D

Best Answer

Thanks, they are among my fav's too ;)

Best Answer

Dont really like ears touched...ewww....!it hurts....

Best Answer

I never heard that about that.

Best Answer

Ive seen quite a few but not on anyone I know enough to ask lol

Best Answer

Keep looking and then get brave and ask.

Best Answer

I should lol.

Best Answer

it hurts just thinkin about it

Best Answer

ouch i dont even want to think about it and i have some tatoos ouch ouch

Best Answer

Kinda what I was worrying about lol

Best Answer

ooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch dont anyway seriously ones on vieware ones youll regret in 20 years(so im told) ouch !!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

As long as I keep my hair long I can cover it over lol, but yeah if its agony thats a definate bad point o_0 tbh Ive had tatts for 10 years and I aint regretting any yet :-D

Best Answer