My cousin just informed me that her childcare centre charges $65 a day and she still needs to provide food and nappies. The thing is, my cousin earns around $45 a day from her job. Her husband has to cover the rest. I just don't see the point? By working, she is loosing money.
fatalcharm fatalcharm 26-30, F 10 Answers Jan 7, 2013 in Parenting & Family

If you have to ask you can't afford it...

Best Answer

280 a week

Best Answer

That sounds about the same here in the USA. Our child day care can cost as much as some people make and that is why there is such a huge problem with it.

Many people have resorted to one parent working nights and the other on days.

Best Answer

It's terrible. Here in Australia, living expenses have gone up, but wages have gone down. I now earn nearly $10 an hour less than I did 5-6 years ago, working the same kind of job. I would love to have kids one day but I don't know how I am going to afford it.

Best Answer

I think that is the entire idea behind it all. They want to reduce the population so they make it very hard for the bulk of society to have children.

Best Answer

it varies but it's very similar to what your cousin is paying

Best Answer

It differs in every state and Daycare.

Best Answer