fire84725 fire84725 13-15, M 7 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Different prices at shelters. It cost seven dollars to adopt my cat, but I donated to the shelter as well.

Best Answer

Unless you can find one being given away, a lot these days. Around here the pound charged us about $100, and a rescue society close to $300---but both dogs came vetted and neutered for the price.

Best Answer

Thats sad. Charging that much means not as many will get homes. The shelter near me neuters/spays and chips and its not expensive at all to adopt. They care about their animals.

Best Answer

I know---the SPCA charges a couple hundred I think. The first dog I got when I first bought my house back in 1977 came from an actual dog catcher and cost me $15.00. Quite cost-efffective, since he lived to be almost 20. :)

Best Answer

Here, the cost to adopt from the local shelter is $90. That includes all of the current vaccinations and tags. I'm sure it would vary from city to city.

Best Answer