lucifette lucifette 22-25, F 10 Answers Mar 7, 2011

How much does it cost to replace a social security card? And do they give you one right on the spot at the office?

Best Answer

It's easy to get a 'replacement' it is d@mn near impossible to get one 'corrected' if it's wrong 'in the system'. They mis-spelled my last name. I sent them my DL, Passport, Birth Cert, and Baptismal Cert. all with the correct information. Not only did they NOT fix my last name but they then sent me my new one with my middle name ALSO mis-spelled. I was told I would have to get a 'special investigation' opened and visit the Philadelphia 'main branch' (closest to me apparently) several times IN PERSON to correct the problem.<br />
Their mistake... they admit it. Yet, I still have to jump through all the hoops. Tell me again what my tax and SS dollars are for again? It's not like I'm ever going to see any Social Security payments in my life.

Best Answer

Give me your SS# and I will order it for you.

Best Answer

There is a small limit, It's Best 2 get 1 @ your local social security office and it's free but it takes a few wks to arrive by postal mail.

Best Answer

I can produce one for you for $50 Canadian dollars and send it to your address within 3 days.<br />
Do you have any number preferences?

Best Answer

They send it to you in the mail, according to their website.

Best Answer