And how responsible is the child? Nature versus nurture.
ReddingSane ReddingSane 22-25 8 Answers Feb 11 in Parenting & Family

a parent is responsible for not only providing the essential (food, shelter, clothing, medical or dental attention), but giving that child love, attention; instilling values in that child, teaching him right from wrong by your own example, being there to root him on for special activities he participates in. The community would do it all justice by showing support to the entire family, by helping out where its needed.

Best Answer

The child while it is a child can't be considered responsible...

The society? Except for school it doesn't have a huge impact on them...

The close invirement where it is growing up to get her with its DNA basically deter men who the child will become... So yes parents and family are responsible for most of it

Best Answer

You don't believe that society has some form of impact? From teachers, artists, actors, athletes, politicians, writers etc. I believe they in some way shape a person.

Best Answer

Not really... As I said school does politicians... Once you start to follow politics your already pretty much shaped, same goes for any celebrities...

The only part of society that really can impact you while you're still young enough is your school and even there home has a greater impact... As the sad fact that there are still kids dieing from abuse at their own parents hand... If school/ friends and & teachers would have a impact even just as important as the family they'd end up reported...

Best Answer

It has now been proven that nurturing parental behavior actually directly changes gene expression.

Best Answer

Right but even in the most ideal situation children don't always develop how the parents intended. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Best Answer

I would only point out that what we see as "ideal" can be very non ideal behind closed doors in a family. Neglect, insensible discipline practices and even malnutrition or exposure to toxic insecticides can change gene expression for generations. Those affected genes can affect personality and mortallity.

Best Answer

Kids are only yours until they start school, then they belong to society & all its fukd up ways...

Best Answer

lol. ya very unfortunate

Best Answer

Parents are key. Parents help shape what habits and interests a child will have. Parents must help support the child even when they are older. Of course as soon as the child can, being reasonable of course, the child must take responsability to ask for help and try thier best. If a community is supportive then the child will have great support if they need help.

Best Answer

What do you think about people that don't live fulfilling or even happy lives? Is that just a mishap on the persons part for a mishandling of their development?

Best Answer

That depends. It can be both reasons, either reasons or neither. Poeple are complicated and many factors must be taken into account that varies from person to person like coping skills, genetic predispositions, childhoods, availability of support etc.

Best Answer

I would say it's 70% pairents and 30% society.

Best Answer

What about the child/person themselves? Or are parents and the community/society the ones to blame for crimes and stuff of that nature.

Best Answer

Well i took your question as to be about setting the right environement for a child to develop in. Of course if the child is not responsive to the environement then there is not much their parents or society can do to help them become a well developed and positive contributor to society.

Best Answer

relieving people of all responsibility for their own actions. it's not your fault you are a thief/rapist/druggie/abuser/killer; you had bad parents and society didn't fix your life for you. really? You think that we are in no way responsible for our own bad behaviour?

Best Answer

I'm not giving a pass to anyone. I'm just wondering what you think a persons development is a sign of. Is it that a serial killer just had some abnormality in their though process? Or was it due to resentment towards a society that wronged/rejected that person.

Best Answer

My response was to adstars' statement that it was 70% parents and 30% society. That suggests that people have absolutely no responsibility for their behaviour. One person can grow up in foster care because of bad parents and then be abused and beaten by the fosters, but they rise above that and become strong and good. Another child going through the same basic type of thing will grow up and get into all kinds of trouble and blame it on how they grew up. We MUST accept responsibility for what we do. From all I've read about serial killers, they start at a very early age, torturing bugs and small animals to death and then moving on to cats, dogs, and other animal, and eventually moving on to setting fires and killing people. It doesn't have to be the parents who were in the wrong. 3 other siblings in the same family may never harm anyone.

Best Answer

@HereIBeWoman HereIBeWoman
You should have read my whole replies instead of focusing in on one part and then replying in an offensive combative manner.. I did Not state that the child has No responsibility. I was answering it in regard to the setting up of the right environment for a Childs development is in the hands of the parents and society. A child does not establish the environment they are brought up in. If the right environment is set up then the success or failure of the child is 100% their own responsibility.

Best Answer

@ HereIBeWoman HereIBeWoman. Who was your post directed at? ReddingSane or me?

Best Answer

Ach.....I forget. It was way past my bedtime and I was tired.

Best Answer

Best Answer