Question of the Day

From my dad:<br />
Respect women<br />
Control your temper<br />
Never lay your hands on men unless they hit you first<br />
Never lay your hands on women and children EVER<br />
Never believe one side of the story, always believe in doubt<br />
Control your libido<br />
Work before play<br />
Always say thank you and please<br />
Never call a women sexy or hot, call her beautiful and stunning.<br />
Never let anyone come between you and what you love<br />
There is no true religion.<br />
From my mom:<br />
Be more responsible<br />
Cleanliness is next to manliness<br />
Modesty is what makes men and women beautiful<br />
Watch the cussing<br />
Be proud of yourself, always<br />
You're better than everyone else<br />
Be the kind of man you'd want your sister to be with<br />
Family comes first<br />
Do not be a pervert. Lower your gaze, control your desires, and watch yourself.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

Awesome. I love this.

Best Answer

Thank you miss

Best Answer

I sure didn't delete it, I was actually waiting for your reply.

Best Answer

Marry me? :)

Best Answer

Hahahahahaha that's so nice 😊

Best Answer

Thank you so much, I appreciate it 😊

Best Answer

We were both blessed 🙏 let's hope everyone else will

Best Answer

Welcome to the world of hypocrisy, rhetoric used as fallacy tool and pretension that also make this world artificial.
Anyone with a bit of critical thinking will see a bunch of contradictions in there.
Call me cynic if you want, but there are to me, too many irrationalities and contradictions to make it plausible and worth commenting.
And, what is terrible is that people buy into it :( which actually confirm completely some of my above response

Best Answer

I can't blame you if you think I'm a hypocrite, since you can't really tell what kind of a person I am until you've seen and talked to me. Words are words, and can be lies but as far as I know, all my words are true and that's enough for me.

Best Answer

That was amazing :)

Best Answer

We could discuss this by message if you want, like gentlemen.

Best Answer

"you either learn from them or you become them". My values and beliefs are my own because I didn't want them to be like my mums.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

I learned a lot of "what-not-to-do" parenting and life skills from my Mother. However, I got my views on race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. from my Dad. He was open minded and accepting of everyone; just a real gentleman. He always taught me that there are only two kind of people in this world; people who are acting like idiots and those who aren't (and we all fall into that former category once in while). So, try your best to be in the latter group and be understanding and forgiving of those who are acting stupid. I figured between that and trying hard everyday to be the person my dog thinks I am, I have the betterment of self thing covered.

Best Answer

50%...what I didn't pick up I end up regretting.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Probably 50% the remainder from my grandmother.

Best Answer

when i was younger i would have said none now i am older and wiser ,,, i think i am my dad ,,,

Best Answer

A lot of values, I'm not a spiritual person at all but my parents are. Mostly I get my values from them and I wouldn't trade them, I feel like it has made me into a sincere person who can show empathy for others.

Best Answer

believe in god always

Best Answer

Almost all of them.

Best Answer

None.

Best Answer

Not to say my parents were failures, but I learned to do the exact opposite on so many things to not walk in their footsteps and make those same mistakes.

Best Answer

A lot. My parents were not educated so they had some pretty odd beliefs. I was able to take what I think was the best of them and add my own.

Best Answer

what did they teach you?

Best Answer

the pregnant barefoot thing. Man ruled the world. very conservative..didn't understand gifted concept...limited my beliefs to conventional roles on what I could do..

Best Answer

Almost all of them, but more than half are influenced by them not inherited. In other words, I went the opposite direction in many cases.

Best Answer

70%

Best Answer

I dunno. I certainly picked up "being a dîck" from my dad.

Best Answer

99% inherited, 1% adjusted as per the current times.

Best Answer

Most of them.

Best Answer

0%. <br />
They did not personify, exemplify, explain, or teach any good values or beliefs whatsoever. I reject that, and discovered and developed good values and beliefs of my own, and dreams also, although those dreams have been squashed, strangulated, and never come to fruition.

Best Answer

ZERO----- I have more than they do!

Best Answer

Hello Questionator. I can trace most of of my personal values and beliefs back to my parents. Those that I don't like I have the responsibility to endeavour to change. It is not easy but I believe it is possible and necessary. There's a real challenge here. My parents were fairly conservative. I may never know if they tried to change or merely did and believed what they were told, to their own detriment. For example: they divorced when I was a kid. It was not an amicable separation. Divorce laws were different in those days, but even back then in the 1950's and 60's those who quickly came to agreement on their reason for separating obtained a quicker and less costly settlement. My parents were in and out of the Supreme court for a total of twelve years disputing and appealing EVERY ruling. It was the era where the division of the family assets depended on BLAME, on personal faults which had to be proven in court with material evidence and eyewitness testimony. It was catastrophic. There was no 'winner' but the lawyers whose livelihood depended on being involved in a long drawn out and ruthless battle. Even fifty or sixty years ago if a couple split, divided their assets fairly and went to court IN AGREEMENT that one or the other (or both) had committed adultery making the marriage unbearable, a claim supported by 'compromising' photographs of the 'guilty' party carelessly fraternising with an alleged offender, there was nothing for the court to do other than admit that the marriage relationship had become untenable. Those who engaged in lengthy and drawn out disputes risked losing everything to prohibitive 'costs', the main costs being fees paid to the lawyers. I may be wrong but it appears to me that my parents fought this ruinous and lengthy court battle because they were told they had to and they were afraid to question the authority of those (lawyers) who told them to do it. As a footnote the brawl ended when the money ran out. In other words when the lawyers could see that they simply could not afford to go another round they lost all interest in helping my parents 'resolve' their personal differences. My parents divorce cost them the price of a family home in Melbourne Australia. It all went to the lawyers because they could not agree to disagree. The lesson I have to learn from all of this is obvious. You stand to lose more than just love if your marriage comes unhinged.

Best Answer

75%

Best Answer