Like how much of your true self is known to the friends you've made, people you have deep affection for & the kind strangers you interact with? Or is every single last aspect of you closed off in the cyber world? Are you a private person in general? Even in the real world?
HiPpIeRoNiN HiPpIeRoNiN 31-35, M 7 Answers Sep 28, 2012 in Hobbies

~i am much the same here as everywhere else. ~ as far as being an "open book" so to speak, well, that depends on the person, whether in the real world or cyber world. ~if i feel a good vibe from a person, if i feel that they have a kind spirit, then i'm more apt to open up with more personal things. ~

~i came to EP looking for something that could be "mine". my little space in the world. this sounds selfish probably, but it is true. ~there are no "secrets" about me on here though......

did i answer your question or just babble? lol

Best Answer

You answered my question perfectly, my angel. :-) No. You didn't babble. lol

Best Answer

To close friends almost everything. To acquaintences, enough to know me and enjoy some company. Somewhere other than EP there is quite a bit and almost everything about me. Probably to much.

But I'm no different here than anywhere else.

Best Answer

I can dig it.

Best Answer

I don't even know who I am having said that what I've put out there in cyberspace and the "real world" are the best I can do.

Best Answer

It is what it is huh? lol

Best Answer

Pretty much lol

Best Answer

haha!

Best Answer

I be what I be

Best Answer

Now I hear that Popeye song in my head. lol

Best Answer

Hi Babzeeeeee!!! ; )

Best Answer

OLD FARM DUDE!!!!! hope all is well

Best Answer

My cyberspace friends know more about me than my meatspace friends.

Best Answer

Do you trust your cyberspace friends more than your real world friends?
If so, why is that the case?

Best Answer

I think it's because on EP, I am 100% honest about everything in my head and heart, so anyone who still likes me despite those things is a keeper. In my real life, I live in a very backward area, culturally and developmentally. People here don't really "get" me, and they often don't accept me.

Best Answer

Oh ok. I understand now. I dig what you're saying. Very understandable.

Best Answer

I have many facets and this "persona" on EP is only ONE of them that I write about and present in the cyber world. I have a REAL FB and other blogs that also present other facets of the REAL me. I don't think that the cyber world has ever or may NEVER see the "whole REAL me". All in all...MAYBE about 60% of my TRUE SELF is visible in the cyber world if anyone who knows me DEEPLY would be interested enough to look.

Best Answer

So you allow people to know you based on a version you present to them?

Best Answer

In a manner of words, yes, cyber people can "get to know" the facet of myself to which I give them the entrance. Don't worry; VERY FEW take the time to really want to get to know anyone online.

Best Answer

I have totally bared my heart and mind in this reality. On the outside I am a very much a private person and don't share myself with anyone

Best Answer

Why is that (you don't have to explain if you don't want to)?

Best Answer

I am 60. Most of my friends are dead now. I've had some bad experiences (Vietnam, a lengthy hospitalization, physical disabilites) I really don't like to share them except annonymously on EP

Best Answer

I understand. And I respect your privacy.

Best Answer