Literaturegirl Literaturegirl 46-50, F 17 Answers Jan 5 in Community

I'd say during the day a good fifty % is real. at night that number can drop to 10-20%. once the kids get out of school the site goes immature and stupid for a few hours.

Best Answer

I think the kids are actually the most sincere, even though I appreciate they can irritate.

Best Answer

I'm just so sick of the internet tough guy routine they pull.

Best Answer

It really depends on the user.

Best Answer

It does, but still I wonder if there is more pretend stuff than real stuff

Best Answer

It depends on the time of day. lol

Best Answer

Haha What between 2pm and 4pm East coast it's fantasy, but between 4pm to 8pm all sincere? :)

Best Answer

Different times when traffic is slow,there are more computer generated answers. :)

Best Answer

5.4% exactly lol

Best Answer

Thank you for that exact percentage! Haha :)

Best Answer

There's a fair bit of both but you have to use your best judgement.

Best Answer

Very good point - the use of good judgement

Best Answer

There are definitely a lot of false accounts but are they entirely phony or are they secondary to another account? Is it another side to the same person who has the primary, all sweetness and light account? I think that people come here to play out fantasies, look for support, cause a nuisance (trolls) and there are other motivations too. There are more people here using it for dating purposes, as it's free and convenient; they are sometimes trying to hide that for obvious reasons. It's just evolving into a multi-faceted site.

I can only say that, as far as I know, the people in my circle are "real". But I've only ever met one person who has now sadly left so without actually knowing a person in the real world, it's impossible to answer this question. It's a horrible waste of someone's time if they're not real though..............don't you think?

Best Answer

I think in some ways it's easier here, there are not the challenges that there are in offline life. It's too easy to "love", but then not deal with what goes with a relationship, or friendship. Nowhere else has someone logged out on me mid-conversation! And I'm not sure the level of fantasy here is that healthy. Life offline is difficult, mundane too. That all said, of course there are many sincere people here. Aww sorry that friend of yours left!

Best Answer

Hard to measure, but I'm guessing a very small percentage of Q&A is real. People don't create on-line alter-egos to be the same old-same old they've always been. I'm thinking the stories are a much more likely place to find sincerity. People are more likely to tell it like it is there... or at least like they THINK it is. Q&A is largely about validation, while the stories aren't as much.

Best Answer

Interesting distinction there between looking for validation v. stories sharing experiences, and the idea too of creating an on-line alter ego.

Best Answer

I don't take Q/A seriously any more. Some of the other sections can sometimes be more genuine.

Best Answer

Yes could be experiences are more likely to be where the sincerity is at! :)

Best Answer

Like life I would say it all depends on your perspective. Technically everything is sincere. Even if it is phony/fantasy. It is a reality someone has created and that makes it valid to that person.

Best Answer

Ah well, I can't see it that way. Seems too easy here to be a pretend friend - though there are very sincere people here too, I'd say the medium makes it easier to be a big phony

Best Answer

Friends are better left for the real life. This is a wonderful place to come and vent, yes, escape reality and release your inhibitions. I didn't understand that you were referring to friendships in your question.

Best Answer

Yes, I agree with your perspective here. And EP does have the good elements you write about here.

Best Answer

All is a fantasy, all is real, at some point or another we are but to wake up and see things for what they are

Best Answer

I'd say more offline is real: it takes more effort, is not as easy as here sending a gesture here, a little pm there. Some are sincere of course, but I'd wager too much is phony.

Best Answer

Well that's because it's so easy here. Easy to just don't care, easy to fool people, but even if it is "phony" if it helps another person then some good have comed of it.
But at least here people can't see other people who don't even care, they can live in the illusion of perfect bliss if they choose to, a place to escape to from the hard and cold place we call reality, at least this way people can believe that it might be true, that the world is a better place then it really is

Best Answer

While I see what you mean, I prefer reality.

Best Answer

Me too, but some people need a safe-haven and this might be it for them, but what do I know :) at least I hope that I answered your question :)

Best Answer

Yes, a full answer. Thank you :) A safe haven is good too

Best Answer

You're welcome miss :)

Best Answer

I don't care either way... I have the few I talk to the handfull that me me laugh and it's what it is

Best Answer

Fair enough. I care though

Best Answer

I care but only about the few I'm invested in

Best Answer