I have been running more and more lately due to stress at work. For the last month, I have been running an hour in the morning and an hour when I get home. I average around 90 miles a week, and that keeps going up. Is there a poiint where it turns into too much of a good thing?
darkerside16 darkerside16 22-25 5 Answers Apr 30, 2012

If it hurts take a few days rest. Cross train with something like a bike or elliptical so that you are not pounding on the ground every day. when it hurts like shin splints or hip pain you are breaking down bone, which is normal. You need rest so that you can remodel bone and if you are continually breaking down your bones pounding the pavement hard you cannot rebuild. I learned this lesson the hard way. and almost 12 months later I am finally back at it again. broke my hip during a 10k totally trained the wrong way. it's really addictive though and hard to make yourself rest sometimes.

Best Answer

Absolutely! I used to be a tri-athlete, and was super-addicted to my own endorphines. I finally competed in an 'IronMan', and came in 12th for my age group. It included a 2-mile swim, a 120-mile cycling race, and a 26-mile marathon. I had blood in my urine and internal injuries for weeks. I finally asked myself, "Why am I beating myself up physically?".... and the answer was because I had no REAL life. Cut back slowly because you'll experience endorphine withdrawal.... That is, if you WANT to cut back. Personally, I didn't have a reason to cut back for a long time because I had no 'life' .... But exersizing can get to be an addiction that can ruin relationships (or possible ones) and can certainly keep you 'out of the loop' if you're serious about having good friends. Wish you well!

Best Answer

wow I am impressed . Thats what I say .I really like running but everything in life should be done in moderation, so I really did cross the line a little bit at some point...really addicting

Best Answer

Well as long as you eat enough to balance the exercise you do there Shouldnt be a problem, keep healthy

Best Answer

Thats great, you are highly motivated. You just need to change it up a little. Run about 30-60 minutes a day, thats all that you need. Spend the rest of your time toning or other things. Great job keep up the good work =)

Best Answer