$125 - $400 depending on model of car. Dual exhaust more...

Best Answer

Wow. My quote from the snake in the grass mechanic was more, I really don't want him to work on my car cause he seems slimy. >.<

Best Answer

What year & model is your car? Single or dual exhaust?
Call a couple muffler shops for quotes.

Best Answer

Chevy Malibu. We called a few it just seems to get higher and higher. :/

Best Answer

Call a auto parts store and price the parts without labor...

Best Answer

Its only like $200 just for the parts (from auto part shop) the one mechanic was charging a serious mark up for those same prices and refused to fix it if we used our own parts.

Best Answer

Knowing the parts are $200, you should be able to call around & negotiate the labor...it will be around $200 labor. $400 sound right?

Best Answer

That would be awesome.Lol but we live in a dinky town so they mark **** up for the hell of it.may just have to take it to one of the bigger towns.

Best Answer

anywhere from $250 to $10,000

Best Answer

i got quoted 560 but the parts were half the price on the internet. and the place was going to use those same parts. >.<

Best Answer

Depends on the model, quality of the parts and price of labor.
If exhausts last little time in your area, a stainless steel exhaust might be worth considering.

Best Answer

i live in the midwest currently, so the salt in the winter killed the underside of my car. completely rusted.

Best Answer

Get a stainless exhaust and you'll never buy one again. Have everything coated with liquid vaseline before winter. It will drive moisture off.

Best Answer

i'll have to look into that. :)

Best Answer

I've seen a bit of rust damage from your area on youtube.
In Portugal, we rarely need to salt roads (as it doesn't snow in most of the country) but by the seaside, rust is a serious issue.
Some fishermen friend of mine do just what I told you about: they get a spray gun filled with liquid vaseline and coat their fish trucks thoroughly. Sometimes you can even see the chassis dripping but you won't find a speck of rust.

Best Answer

3 to 4 hundred...

Best Answer