vikesfan06 vikesfan06 26-30, M 2 Answers Apr 30 in Community

Any meal you get thru a drive-thru.. any meal in a box that you fix in a microwave.. <br />
Your best bet is to fix your meals at home so you know what you are putting in them. And use your own salt and seasonings in them dont get a packe,t you cant be to sure how much sodium is in them either.

Best Answer

I just got some chic fila lol.

Best Answer

you just got sodium filled-la! lol

Best Answer

i drink lots and lots of water every day...does that make any difference?

Best Answer

I really wouldn't risk it.... Just try to stay away from processed foods of any kind. It would be best for your health.

Best Answer

Is subway processed? I scvk at cooking lolm. I eat fruits and veggies and exercise

Best Answer

Yes it is .... Go to the store and find Boreshead lunch meats they are not processed. You have to go to the deli and they slice it fresh for you.

Best Answer

I love boars head! Maple honey turkey is so good. The thing i hate is that they are 40 min away lol

Best Answer

Yes your are correct bores head! LOL Really its the best meats avalible.
Sorry its 40 mins away... that really sucks.... Maybe you can convince your stores near you to carry this brand?? All you need to do is talk to the manager.

Best Answer

I live in a small town, they arent open to anything lol. Im trying to move to an actual city, like raleigh. On the job hunt at the moment even though i already have one

Best Answer

Good thinking... dont lose out , just wait it out!

Good luck with winding the new job! :)

Best Answer

I know quite a bit on this--I'd say 1500 mg is pushing it

Best Answer

I tend to get 500mg a day, but that is only my personal preference. You can healthily eat up to 4500 mg a day

Best Answer

They recently updated this number from 2400 mg

Best Answer

There is little to no correlative (or any kind of) evidence that supports the relationship between salt intake and hypertension and the other conditions salt has been accused of causing.

Best Answer

How do you know about all this? By the way. I drink A LOT of water everyday. Does that have any impact? I drink more than 8 8 oz cups a day usually

Best Answer

Sorry I didn't see your response until now. Well perhaps that has an impact on removing salt from your body more expediently, but I don't know that that would necessarily be to any benefit. Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about: It's not uncommon for a cup of miso soup to have as much as 1000 mg of sodium; the Japanese are some of the healthiest people in the world and there sodium intake is higher than ours.

I could explain all the physiological details as well, but that's going to take a great deal of technical explanation that I'd like to spare you unless you'd really like it.

One of the primary reasons salt got vilified in the first place was a 70's study by the U.S. on sodium's possible relation to heart disease (among others perhaps). Basically they found after some years that the people on the higher sodium diets had greater incidence of heart disease. The (later identified) flaw in the study's design was that they didn't control the variable of diet between low and high sodium groups; think about the fact that if you were today to separate a thousand random Americans 50 50 based on their regular sodium intakes it would be very likely that those peoples' diets on the lower 50 percent would consist of a lot more processed and artificial foods to begin with.

It is likely due to the prevalence of some combination of high processed/high fat/high AGE containing foods that the group suffering the most strokes/heart attacks/cancers was also the group with the higher sodium intakes. Maybe quite a few in the higher sodium group were just adding tons of salt to their potatoes or other healthy foods, but since that was never controlled as a variable, the study has lost its credit, and such virtuous eating habits among the high sodium group is a dubious notion.

Anyways I don't worry about getting more than 5 to 6 hundred mg's of sodium per day--I don't believe 4500 per day would hurt me but I don't believe 500 per day will either. Water is fine but I've actually read some stuff before on overhydration. Interesting topic if you'd like to check it out. Since I checked it out I haven't concerned myself as much about water intake, and 9 months later I still feel the same as I always do...But don't get me wrong I still drink the stuff, I just thought the body had more rigid requirements before.

Best Answer