i really need to throw up but i ate 3 hrs ago. will it still work if i try it now?
aboveaverage aboveaverage 26-30 21 Answers Mar 25, 2009

This question makes no sense unless you suffer from bulimia. If you're bulimic, you should get help.

Best Answer

We do not promote bulimia on EP. Get help.

Best Answer

Some of us do! Don't speak for the whole group asshat.

Best Answer

What you should be asking is - 'what is this doing to my body?' Get help before you end up in hospital, either voluntarily or on a section. Incidentally, what you are doing will rot your teeth - what's the point of being skinny when you have teeth like grave stones? And this is only the tip of the iceberg. Perhaps you feel you have no control in your life and this is a way to get some modicum of control back, by controlling your eating, bingeing and purging, but eventually the illness will end up controlling you. Please get help from your GP - he will point you in the direction of a good therapist who will probably work with you on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) or Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). Both are excellent therapies for bulimia and anorexia. Much more is known now about these illnesses, so you'll get all the help you need and more; you just have to ask. Meanwhile im sure your friends on EP will be happy to lend an ear - there has to be at least one who has had similar experiences. All the best.xx

Best Answer

I guess that all depends on who did the cooking....lmao

Best Answer

Assuming you don't want calories,it seems like it would be a little to late.

Best Answer

ODD question. Call an eating disorder hotline.

Best Answer

Why on earth would you want to throw up? Get some help. Geez

Best Answer

one can vomit regardless of how much time has passed after eating. however, if you're trying to avoid caloric absorption you're probably too late.

Best Answer

I don't know, but when I panick and need to throw up, I drink water if it doesnt work.. at least I'll be able to get something up

Btw. If it is very late, it will burn your throat so much that no matter how much stuff you gurgle, itll still burn

Best Answer

As soon as possible unless you want to stay fat, fatty.

Best Answer

The food stays in the stomach generally 2-3 hours, the longer its there the harder it'll be.

Best Answer

I always wait at the most 10 minutes usually I watch the clock after fully chewing and drinking tons of water and then go throw up after 5 minutes.

Best Answer

It's to late uve got like 10 mins tops then it won't all *** up...it'll just hurt after that

Best Answer

This isn't really an answer but I have issues with throwing up all the time. After I eat I get gaggy while I am sleeping I get gaggy ... It's constant. I am not bulimic and I'm not pregnant- I'm just sick. Doctors have done all kinds of tests on me and they can't find ANYTHING! It's so insanely frusterating. I have had this problem for about 3 years now and the reason I looked up this question is because I wanted to know if anyone knew when would be the best time to vomit- whether 5 minutes after eating or an hour (I don't know if I can hold it for that long but I can try...) Not because I want to, but because I vomit regardless-

Best Answer

t's too late for what you're trying to accomplish...

I've done what you're doing and it only makes me feel even worse about myself and it really doesn't work. Please be smart and stop this before it gets worse.

Best Answer

Are you seriously asking us how to teach you to be bullimic? You have got to be kidding. This is seriously the saddest post I have seen on here.

Best Answer

gross....I have better things to do than vomit..Why do people eat and then just puke it up?? I seriously do not understand the concept..defies all logic....If you wanna lose weight just exercise! You can eat like a horse!! I am 4'9", and slim and I eat a full 3 meals a day, a glass of chocolate milk, and a candy bar or ice cream almost every day..and I don't gain weight because I burn it off...Try that instead of barfin up yer food!! :)

Best Answer

it takes 2 hours for your body to digest the fat into your sytem i only know this because i used to be bulimic but i really think you should get some help i did last year and i honestlydo feel better now and i have more energy an eating disorder is ahard thing to overcomebut i did it and i reallywant to encourage you 2 aswell message me privately if you want any support ! good luck x

Best Answer

Isn't more like throw out-and -down and- all-all- over the damn-place.

Best Answer

Well....odd..but if you try to throw up right after eating it would probably hurt more. Let your food digest a little. If your body "needed" to throw up, it would. Unless you just took a fist full of sleeping pills, then by all means chuck away. If not take some pepto or alka-seltzer.

Best Answer