Questionator Questionator 26-30 296 Answers Dec 17, 2013 in Community

Question of the Day

I spend a cumulative 15 minutes on my cell a week, at most. I could do without it completely, but keep it just in case of emergencies.

I don't understand people's obsession with cell phones and I feel like it's making those people forget how to be social and interact with people right in front of them.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

I agree with you that people are forgetting how to interact with those in person since most individuals always using a typing feature as a means to communicate. The world is only about SMSing, WhatsApp, iMessage, etc. but for actual use of the speaker on a vocal conversation with those abroad, a phone is a great means of communication.

Best Answer

You bring up a good point and I do think it's important to make that distinction between using a phone to keep in touch with distant loved ones and using it to replace a social real life with a social media life.

Best Answer

Unfortunately from here on out it will all be about texting people. Children don't understand that cellphones have a vocal feature and communication with those in person is just cut to a minimum.

Best Answer

i hate those situation like 'people are gathering together in the same table but they just by themselves, focused on their phone'

Best Answer

I feel your pain, I dislike those situations as well. The worst part is is that they are probably texting each other!

Best Answer

That's exactly what I'm referring to.

Best Answer

Bounce i live in England and my parents in india .... Phone make it easy to stay connected .... I do agree that people have becum more of obsessed with their phone life i wish everyone can chit chat more with their tounges and hugs more then smileys or other things

Best Answer

I completely understand. I too live far from my family and my significant other, so phones do make communication over distance easier. But using a cellphone to text everyone who is basically RIGHT there is just shameful.

Best Answer

Ya, I have been kind of a hobbit. Lol

Best Answer

Today we ate at a restaurant, there was a table next to us where a little boy was trying to talk to his parents who were both staring at phones. He never acted up, never got rowdy, just kept trying to engage them. I walked up and told them how sweet he was, and how very quickly he'd be old enough to not want to talk to them so enjoy him while they can. I'm a nosy old biddy.

Best Answer

Nosy or not, you spoke the truth.

Best Answer

You did your part. I am sure it made both mom and dad think twice about their use of their cellphones.

Best Answer

I agree with this also it's really ridiculous how people are with there phones now

Best Answer

Me too.I hate talking on the phone.Only if its my BFF

Best Answer

I dont suppose that'd b possible in general terms. We all use our phones for more than calling or texting. I basically do all my dealings n banking from my phone, play games, youtube, camera, gps n many more things that wud help me make my life more comfortable. Afterall thats what today's phones are for!

Best Answer

I do all that on my laptop. Yeah, it's less portable, but people survived for thousands of years without this stuff. It may make life easier, but it is stunting people big time.

Best Answer

Agreed...! Technology's a double edged sword!

Best Answer

*grab phone and take a look at my call log*

recent contacts: empty

missed calls: empty

received calls: empty

dialed calls: empty

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

like about 14 hours a day? i cant stand not holding my phone lol

Best Answer

As little as possible. I hate talking on the phone.

Best Answer

Me too!

Best Answer

Lost my phone once. Took a week before I noticed it was gone.

Best Answer

Haha, same!

Best Answer

Way too much

Best Answer

Well, if I am lucky at least a half hour a day, but in total during a week I try for 2 hours max. I have a long distance relationship so I try to call the guy as often as possible. Plus I prefer phone calls to SMSing. It's more personal.

Best Answer

None. Literally. If people want to speak to me, they can come to my house and speak. :-)

Best Answer

As much as I need :)

Best Answer

who knows who cares

Best Answer

all of it

Best Answer

Actual talking on the phone is 1-2 hrs a day because me and my s/o have opposite work schedules and can't see each other in person on a daily basis so we catch up talking on the phone when I get home from work at night. Texting is throughout the day with him/friends/family.

Best Answer

Not enough time. I love having long conversations with people I love, and so many people prefer to avoid the intimacy of conversation by texting, etc.

Best Answer

Yesssss

Best Answer

about 10 min.

Best Answer

No more than I have to.

Best Answer

a whole day

Best Answer

Away too much if you ask me.

Best Answer

....way too long. Hahaha I'm on it right now!

Best Answer

Not much even though I luv talking on the phone not many people to talk with ;(

Best Answer

I hate talking on the phone, so bare minimum.. But I spend time browsing on it

Best Answer