JollyJenny92 JollyJenny92 18-21, F 25 Answers Dec 5, 2011

10 dollars...thats 20%. 15% is polite and 20% is generous. 25% and you made someones night really happy.

Best Answer

Adequate service 10%. Good 15% . Really wow me 20%.

Best Answer

The nicer the restaurant the better I tip.A $50 meal I would leave 10-11 dollars.

Best Answer

If the waitress was nice, probably $10; if she was rude, a penny.

Best Answer

10 bucks

Best Answer

$5-$10 depending on the service and how nice the server was.

Best Answer

usually 10 - 15%, 20%if they have exceeded ur expectations

Best Answer

tipping is foreign in new zealand also. wait staff here usually need experience in the job and get paid a fair enough wage without having to ask for tips. from what i've heard it seems to be a very low paying job overseas, and i understand why tipping must be important there.

Best Answer

Most wait staff get paid LESS than minimum as a ba<x>se wage, and therefore rely on tips.<br />
Unless the service was bad, I typically tip 20% (10 dollars in this case), because I feel the need to make up for the cheap b1tches and b4stards who stiff the wait staff.<br />
Given what I've seen in here, I guess it is a good thing.<br />
Also, I always leave at least 5 dollars, even if my bill was only 5 dollars.

Best Answer

I always give 15% of the price<br />
Giving a tip is just the polite thing to do

Best Answer

Up to the nearest dollar if service is poor.<br />
10% at most places where there is service.<br />
12% for excellent service.<br />
Nothing if the owner is running the whole show, including service, because he/she is not working for a pittance wage, but gets the whole profit.

Best Answer

At 15%, that's $7.50 for a total bill of $57.50. At 20%, it would be $10 or 60 bucks even. Hope that helps.

Best Answer

$10.00. I stick with the 20% rule, rounding down to the next full dollar amount.

Best Answer

american tipping and ettiquette: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g191-s606/United-States:Tipping.And.Etiquette.html<br />
canadian tipping and ettiquette: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g153339-s606/Canada:Tipping.And.Etiquette.html

Best Answer

And where's the European tipping etiquette? ^^

Best Answer

Europeans don't tip, the bastards!

Best Answer

I'm European and I do tip about 10% :-p Waitresses get better paid in most European country that's why it's unusual to give them as great tips as Americans do in their country

Best Answer

oops my bad ^^
european tipping and etiquette: http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/tipping.htm

Best Answer

Somewhere between US$7.50 and 10, depending on the quality of the service and, frankly, whether I liked the server.

Best Answer

in such a restaurant: nothing at all ... I´d went out and chose an other restaurant where I cant get a meal for $10.- ! lol

Best Answer

At laest 7.50

Best Answer

Typically $8-10

Best Answer

in the Spanish culture tips do not exist thus i do not

Best Answer

If you come to America and pull that, you will not be welcome at most resteraunts.

Best Answer

i just get some1 else 2 it 4 me lol its not i diss ur culture

Best Answer

I'm just sayin... The way it is done here, if you don't tip, you will not be welcome.

Best Answer

Darkness, That is true here where a lot of wait staff is actually exempted from minimum wage. So I always tip well here. But different countries have different cultures (and different employee compensation rules). There are countries where leaving a tip the way we do here is considered an insult.
I have traveled the world and am a firm believer of the rule "When in Rome do what the Romans do" Darkness and 66ALCAT, I would urge both of you to become familiar with local customs of anyplace you visit.
I guess questions like this one really are silly considering this is a global site

Best Answer

I would tip as much as I feel like. They already get paid. They should be happy. Use your tip money to buy dessert from now on, or put all of your would-be tip money in a jar to save to go out and have a meal

Best Answer

Most wait staff get paid LESS than minimum. People like you should stay home.

Best Answer

Please don't hate against people with a different approach towards giving tips

Best Answer

Right on. If you're in the US, this is the rule: If you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to go out. Period. Stay home or eat at McDonalds.

Best Answer