My mom sleeps in the couch of the living room and my dad sleeps in the bedroom. How do you think this will affect the well being of their children?
aokigahara29 aokigahara29 18-21, F 10 Answers Apr 2, 2013 in Family Struggles

same here. And it looks stupid and irritating. I don't know if it can affect my own life, but it has a great influence on my nerves, so maybe it affects my life, too..

Best Answer

To what extent?

Best Answer

When I was younger I couldn't understand why a husband and wife didn't sleep together but now that I'm older and been married for over 20 years I understand. I have Insomnia from time to time so I try not to be in the room to wake up my husband. And when the kids were babies I would sleep in another room from time to time. It doesn't mean that we don't love each other we just need sleep sometimes. LOL

Best Answer

Both of them don't have any sleeping problems i just know my mom sleeps in the living room because she says she has a lot of work to do. They've been like this for years. My dad would sometimes throw a fit when my mom refuses to sleep in the bedroom, so he would switch the fuse off for the whole night.

Best Answer

Perfectly. In only a small proportion of the world's cultures do married males and females sleep in the same bed. OK, your culture might be one of those. But even so, in the wider human sense, no drama at all. Common occurence.

Best Answer

My parents are the same. My mom sleeps in the master bedroom and my dad is currently on the couch, because the bed died. Eventually though he'll get a bed and go back to the other room they use as their computer room. My mom has some sever issues sleeping and tosses around a lot and wakes up many times through out the night, same as me. So they can't really. I do find it sad though they can't, and I do worry that they are missing a connection some where there.

Best Answer

At least nobody hates the other.

Best Answer

Best Answer

This is not normal. How will this effect the well being of the children is a question they should have considered Had they ,they might have reconsidered and worked to avoid this display of failure.

Best Answer

They shoudn't make it so dang obvious to the kids, but some things are worse. It's bad when they scream at each other etc... scream at each other about the kid/ kids/ one kid in particular... that is the worst.. lying in your bed at night hearing how much your parents hate you... yeah.

Best Answer

I guess I'm pretty lucky, like they say count your blessings. Did your parents fight about you?

Best Answer

yep... me and only me ;). I'd fall asleep listening to how defficient I was ... Sometimes they'd make me go to sleep at 8pm... I was a good kid... despite being told I wasn't for 18 years... pretty much.. I never talked back or snuck out. Never went to a party or even kissed a boy! ooo... I was one of the best athletes in my state... I had a high GPA... haha. Soon as I got out I started drinking lots of alcohol. Id do almost anything to get it. And I punched this girl... I went NUTZ.

Best Answer

thats ****** up, im sorry about that....i just got slapped in the face by my mom bc i have no study habits, totally my fault, then i overheard my dad saying how my other brother is gonna go farther than i could ever go... i dont care what he says but i dont think he can say that if hes the biggest freeloader in the house...........

Best Answer

Whose sleepin with ya dad now then...:P

Best Answer

They are pretending to like each other .

Best Answer

My mom hates my dad my dad loves my mom. My dad doesn't know that my mom hates him because he's emotionally stupid.

Best Answer