LSBeene LSBeene 36-40 16 Answers Aug 25, 2009

Wow, I can't help but notice how the question is largely ignored and instead, a couple of feminist wannabe's do the predictable ... "women have it worse.... waaaah!!!"

Sheesh!

The guy asked a question - why is too difficult for some of the above to ANSWER his QUESTION instead of firing a stack of their own questions, clearly intended only to distract away from the FACT the false allegations DO happen, in too many numbers and EQUALLY DESTROY an innocent person's LIFE!

Why is that too hard?

So on to the questions, or more accurately, the answers...

False rape allegations occur in fairly high numbers. Some police stations have reported as much as SIXTY PERCENT of all claism to be false. And that is from the accusers OWN ADMISSION - not a coerced or enforced situation.

Motives? Blatant hatred, I would imagine. And today, most women know they will get light sentences as long as they play the victim well enough.

Feminists insist that men can 'benefit' from false allegations of rape... No one has as yet managed to figure out HOW a man could possibly benefit from being falsely accused, but apparently they can LOL. Also, feminists have insisted on special protections for accusers, making it harder to prove them as liars, whereas the man is open to public scrutiny and hate campaigns. Feminists promote the lies that if guilty women are convicted appropriatley, it will make true victims of rape scared to come forward.

In short, feminism promotes false rape allegations and immunity for the accusers.

Best Answer

MAYBE THEN THESE GUYS SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THE WOMEN THEY WERE HAVING SEX WITH? MAYBE DOING HER THE FIRST 2ED 3ED DATE SHOULDN'T HAPPEN MAYBE WAIT 4-5 MONTHS BEFORE GOING TO BED AND HAVING SEX

Best Answer

Ok, when it comes to rape, the claim a woman will have her name published and she will be harassed, that is a flat lie since by law they are not allowed to publish the name of a victim though the names of the accused are fair game. The Duke case is a good example since even AFTER it was found she flat lied most news agencies refused to publish her name.

Now there are also plenty of studies that show false accusations are very common. Reason like revenge, to cover up an affair or even to protect a reputation are those they have found. This is not surprising when you think about it and does NOT conflict with the high numbers of unreported rapes either. Think about it, who is most likely to go to the police and report it, a pissed off woman seeking revenge and no real worries or a scared woman truly raped? You also have the problems with things like how a couple who are equally drunk decide mutually to have sex. The next morning she can claim it was rape and her being drunk means she wasn’t able to give consent but his being drunk was no excuse. Now also remember a man claiming he was drunk and taken advantage of will be laughed off and the law has also ruled if she gets pregnant he is on the hook for support even if she raped him while he was passed out.

So now let me tell you a personal story of just how these kinds of accusations are treated and the way the feminist indoctrination of our system can allow the destruction of a true victim over ideology over facts. For them and the system they have created, real victim can be tossed under the bus unless it follows their ideology. Kids, women, men, none of that matters compared to what they WANT things to be like.

My ex ran off to yet ANOTHER affair. I finally filed for divorce after years of physical, emotional, sexual and mental abuse that when I tried to get help I was refused by the local domestic violence groups and threatened with arrest if I tried to even report it. My own mother who used to be an extreme feminist and is a counselor changed her beliefs because she saw I was afraid to even answer a phone apologizing for everything constantly after years of being told I was doing things wrong and etc.

My ex did call me after a couple of weeks telling me I had to apologize, move 800 miles away and put her through a fourth school to get us back together and see my kids. When she found out it was too late and I had filed for divorce she suddenly became a victim of DV, rape and the children were molested by me. For 7 years I was investigated constantly on all kinds of claims and even when there was proof they were flat false they refused to try and prosecute her for false reporting since it might discourage real rape victims. After being cleared each and every time by claims my ex made, our daughter finally told someone about REAL rapes when she was hospitalized for attempted suicide. See they told me that whole time the false allegations were a civil matter and the same with the abuse of the kids when I would get my rare time with them and they had suspicious bruises and marks.

Well the REAL rapes were by the various boyfriends of my ex over the years and the refusal of my ex to take our daughter to counseling after all her claims was explained since she was threatening our daughter that is she told anyone who REALLY raped her, then she would go through hell for it and her mom as well as no one else would love her anymore for it. It turned out that many times the claims I was molesting our daughter were to cover up for the boyfriends! Not only do I now have to deal with the mental and emotional issues our daughter has now but suddenly the judge who said he couldn’t believe a child would ever lie about that says it is a lie and throws me in jail for not physically forcing a teen girl to see her mother after she said she was afraid to. This though she told the judge that and the police told us and the judge the real rapists can’t be prosecuted due to the mother’s constant false claims against me for legal advantages in a divorce.

So I have lost jobs, have health problems from the stress, massive legal bills, my name was smeared all over the place, a child was repeatedly raped for years, the child has had her name smeared all over the place by a mother and system that suddenly refused to believe her when she reported it and it was not to her mother’s advantage and I am told there is nothing that can be done.

So yeah, please do tell me about women being raped and how not only are false allegations rare, but they don’t really do any damage. And when you tell me that then tell me how my daughter who was just short of a sex slave for years gets to see her rapist and a false accuser punished by the law!

Best Answer

My condolences for your suffering. Please post this as a story on EP in a group like I Am Against Feminism or Men are Used And Abused.

Best Answer

It was happening when I was a tween. (not so long ago)

I am not sure if it is happening more or if it is just spoken about more openly.

I think it is a hormonal thing for young chicks who are dumped. Revenge helps because you feel better getting your own back.

But what a way to do it.

I feel real sorry for guys these days.

Best Answer

MAYBE DUMPING SHOULD NOT HAPPEN SAME NIGHT THE HAVE SEX W/HER.

Best Answer

No one is ever prosecuted for perjery, and if they are it is very rare. Prosecutors go after innocent men, by fostering lies.

Prosecutors withhold exculpatory evidence, and put innocent men in prison on bogus abuse charges, and use women who testify falsely. So what happens when a judge holds them accountable for what they have done? They just boycott the judge prosecutors will invoke their right to issue a peremptory challenge. The peremptory challenge will get the case assigned to another judge if he or she did not rule in accordance with the district attorney's desire.

False accusations go unpunished. For example.

Men accused of rape today enjoy few safeguards. “People can be charged with virtually no evidence,” says Boston former sex-crimes prosecutor Rikki Klieman. “If a female comes in and says she was sexually assaulted, then on her word alone, with nothing else — and I mean nothing else, no investigation — the police will go out and arrest someone.”

Almost daily we see men released after decades in prison because DNA testing proves they were wrongly convicted. Yet the rape industry is so powerful that proof of innocence is no protection. “A defendant who can absolutely prove his innocence … can nonetheless still be convicted, based solely on the word of the accuser,” write Stuart Taylor and K.C. Johnson in Until Proven Innocent. In North Carolina, simply “naming the person accused” along with the time and place “will support a verdict of guilty.” Crime laboratories are notorious for falsifying results to obtain convictions.

The feminist dogma that “women never lie” goes largely unchallenged. “Any honest veteran sex assault investigator will tell you that rape is one of the most falsely reported crimes,” says Craig Silverman, a former Colorado prosecutor known for zealous prosecutions. Purdue University sociologist Eugene Kanin found that “41% of the total disposed rape cases were officially declared false” during a nine-year period, “that is, by the complainant’s admission that no rape had occurred.” Kanin discovered three functions of false accusations: “providing an alibi, seeking revenge, and obtaining sympathy and attention.” The Center for Military Readiness (CMR) adds that “false rape accusations also have been filed to extort money, to gain sole custody of children in divorce cases, and even to escape military deployments to war zones.”

In the infamous Duke University lacrosse case, prosecutor Michael Nifong suppressed exculpating evidence and prosecuted men he knew to be innocent, according to Taylor and Johnson. Nifong himself was eventually disbarred, but he had willing accomplices among assistant prosecutors, police, crime lab technicians, judges, the bar, and the media. “Innocent men are arrested and even imprisoned as a result of bogus claims,” writes Linda Fairstein, former head of the sex-crimes unit for the Manhattan District Attorney, who estima

Best Answer

Bravo. You need to post this info in a story.

Best Answer

SabotageGirl says:

What a silly question.... right out of Faux News...

Why not ask:

Why do only 6% of rapists ever spend a day in jail?

Why does society tolerate a social climate that permits 243,000 rapes a year?

Why is the stigma attached to being raped so bad that only 60% of rape victims feel they can report this to the police?

How sick is it that almost 3 out of 4 rapists actually know their victim?

Why concentrate on the speck in the other person's eye when you have a log in your own?

SabotageGirl (Aptly named) shows the problem when the subject is even brought up.

First off she gets some things wrong.

1) It’s not 6% of rapists, but 6% of the ACCUSED are sent to prison – many more men are arrested and held on the charge of rape/sexual assault.

2) Why does “society tolerate a social climate” that permits rape?

a) Umm, last time I checked there is no celebratory climate towards rape. Some slimy losers SECRETLY condone it, but then again some slimy losers condone false accusations.

b) 243,000 rapes a year? Try double that if you include men raped in prison. A couple of things need to be mentioned. 1 rape is wrong. Period. Gender does not matter. 1, just one, is wrong. But it shows your one-sided thinking that you “forgot” all those men who are raped.

Some would say “but it’s men being raped by men”. To which I would answer : I don’t think those men being raped give one bucket of snot who is raping them. Be it men, women with a strap-on, or a purple haired goat named Seabisquit.

And THOSE rapes ARE laughed off by popular media and much of society as “they deserve it.” But the cold hard fact is that while prison does have a hierarchy of criminals, it is often the smaller prisoners, more often white prisoners, and most often convicts with no gang affiliation that are sexually assaulted or made into sexual slaves.

ALL rape victims matter. Notice I did not make some snarky comment, excuse it, nor deny it’s prevalence – unlike SabotageGirl – I wonder which of us two really cares?

The prevalence of rape victims who report and who do not report is a serious problem. We do, however have to question where this 60% statistic came from.

The problem is that ideologically driven feminist academics have so destroyed their own credibility with “1 in 4”, “The rule of thumb”, “Superbowl Sunday”, and the “Wage Gap” that when they report how often women do, or do not report rape it’s hard to believe.

I honestly don’t know the answer, but I’m not going to listen to people with an agenda. If even 1 woman is cowed into not reporting - that’s something we need to address. Seems my approach is more goal oriented than Sabotage Girl - she’s more interested in tossing out factoids and ignoring the original questions. They don’t fit her ideological framework - so she derides the questions even being asked. How empathetic.

That ANY women don’t come forward due to stigma is wrong. However, I challenge SabotageGirl to show here on this site where women who are raped ARE stigmatized by society. Link to the pages of that newspaper, TV show, or movie where that happens. And I surely don’t mean a movie with an ideological axe to grind, but real life.

Are some women who are raped embarrassed or scared to come forward? Sure. And that’s wrong.

But here’s what SabotageGirl, in her snarky and one sided brain went with it - HERE on this forum was brought up a question about false accusations, their prevalence, and what punishments need to be meted out for those false claims, and she makes NO mention of the pain of the men who go through them. None. Not even acknowledging how often it happens, the extent of the problem, or the STIGMA attached to that.

3 our of 4 rape victims know their attacker? I don’t doubt that. I bet that it’s actually higher than that. Oh, since you asked, how many men who were falsely accused knew their tormentor also? Or don’t you care?

It’s not a joke SabotageGirl and one sided ideologues such as yourself are part of the problem. You probably thought your post was astounding in it’s factoids and smug self assurance that your complete lack of empathy or willingness to see men who have survived such a devastation should just MAYBE be seen as human beings and not dismissed so mockingly.

Oh, SabotageGirl, please do show on Experience Project where rape victims have been so mockingly treated. Go away, the adults are talking.

Mariellarose said:

I know that they do punish false rape claims. It's filed as making a false police report or something.

That’s probably true Mariellarose. Here’s what I object to - remember the Duke Lacrosse case? That was a nationwide scandal. It was a case of verifiable lying. She’d done it before, in almost exactly the same fashion with almost exactly the same charges.

Previously Crystal Mangum had tried to kill a cop by running him over. She created the charges because she was out on probation, and was brought to the hospital on high on pills. She knew if she claimed to be a rape victim they would not charge her, nor do a toxicology exam. She didn’t cry rape because she was “treated badly by those white boys” - she did it because she was a felon on probation and did not want to go back to jail. Far from being treated as a pariah, or stigmatized - she was lionized.

And she was not charged for anything. As the AG of North Carolina put it “She honestly seems to believe it.” Well, does that mean if a woman is telling me “No, no, seriously, I don’t want to, no I REALLY don’t f***ing want to have sex” but I “believe” she does that I have not committed a rape?!

But the problem Mariellarose, is that the law, pathetic as it is, was not even applied in a case as verifiable as that one. Ever notice how in most cases where a woman is caught lying the news account ends with “police are considering filing charges” - and there is not follow up of the story? It’s political cover and everyone in the news business knows it.

Besides, charging a woman with “filing a false police report” has the same deterrent effect as charging a rapist with “disorderly conduct”. Now imagine we arrested men on that charge as often as we arrest a woman for false rape accusations …

Fourandahalfdays said:

You most certainly can punish someone for false allegations about anything, not just about rape. It’s call defamation of character. A lot of lawsuits have this charge in them.

Fourandahalfdays, I appreciate you bringing that up. See, I think you’ve honestly confused two different parts of the law. Defamation of character is a civil suit, and you are never charged with it. Charged means a criminal offense.

The problem is that after defending yourself from a rape charge, you probably are not in a financial position to go after a civil suit.

1) You may have lost your job over the rape charge. 2) Defending yourself from that charge probably started off with a $5000-15000 dollar retainer. I don’t know about you, but I don’t have that “just lying around”. And after you get past THAT nightmare:

3) Then you have to hire an attorney who will take this kind of a case on (lawyers do care about their reputation) wherein you’ll be calling an alleged victim a liar, but since no lawyer I can imagine will take this on consignment (take a % cut, and not charge you before the trial), you’ll foot the bill for a lawsuit - where - at the end of the day, she may not have any assets to be seized anyways.

My point it - just like with rape victims, wherein the DA’s are “the people’s attorney” - men should not have to foot the bill to make the accuser pay. It should be done by the DA’s office and she should spend the same time he would have spent in jail. It’s called justice - it’s called a deterrent.

Homasapiens said:

What are the motives for falsely claiming a rape? God knows. Any woman who tries that will quickly learn that she should have accused him of almost anything else, as she gets treated like ****, poked, prodded, and accused of making it all up. her name will be paraded in the news, and all of his friends, and his mother, will hate her.

Why don't we punish false rape claims? We do, as several people have pointed out. The truth is that there just aren't that many of them.

Really?! Your just saying this to be funny right? SHE gets treated like sh*t? Do link a paper where the woman was treated like crap. The news story on TV where that happened?

Oh, you mean that some people will take HIS side, and some will take HER side. Because God only knows he’s not the target of hatred, right? It’s not like HER name goes in the paper - Rape Shield Law. It’s not like HER sexual past can be used against her - but his can - Rape Shield law.

What womyn’s study fantasy are you living in? Some people will believe him and, yes, not be happy with her. Some people will believe her, and, yes, not be happy with him. I guess in your world the woman should be automatically believed hands down. Yea, well, if you’ve noticed in the press that IS often the picture, especially by academic/political feminists. Problem is, they ALWAYS back the woman, and NEVER call a false accuser a false accuser.

Her privacy is protected his is not. Even after a verdict of not guilty the press will most likely never publish her name. It was the blogosphere who revealed Crystal Mangum. The press, even with the men cleared refused to print this predator’s name. So please - put your “rape culture” womyn’s studies talking point back in the fantasy category it belongs in.

Rape victims, as a whole, are treated with deference in our society. As they should be. - the men accused of the crime, even when they are cleared, are not.

False rape accusations are rare!? Maybe in academic/political feminist circles that’s a truism, but not in the real world:

Fox News reporter Wendy McElroy:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,194032,00.html

Glenn Sack’s article with links:

http://www.newswithviews.com/Sacks/glenn12.htm

A Site for the falsely accused reports this study by Eugene Kanin in the 90’s

http://falserapearchives.blogspot.com/2009/06/archives-of-sexual-behavior-feb-1994.html

Another news article quoting Kanin, and an Air Force study:

http://abuse.suite101.com/article.cfm/false_allegations

So, far from it being hard to find proof that false allegations happen quite often - it’s only PC sound bite wisdom that seems to be advocating such nonsense.

Women who are raped deserve justice, and it’s too often denied. Men who are falsely accused deserve that same measure of justice - not the scorn such as that made evident by SabotageGirl or Homasapien.

It reasonable people who can realize that it’s not a zero sum game. It does not have to be the falsely accused versus rape-survivors. Both victims have more in common than things that make them different. Both were betrayed by someone they trusted. We do need to realize that for every rape-survivor who does not get justice we create another woman incapable of seeing falsely accused men as people. In the same vein, for every falsely accused man, we create another man who’ll not hear a rape victims cries, nor be willing to convict another man as he may be innocent.

The only “winners” are the false accusers, the rapist, and the fear monger ideologues who push us to distrust each other instead of working to recognize our similarities and to get justice for all victims.

Best Answer

I'm not sure about the statistics...

Best Answer

But that filling a false police report is NEVER, EVER pursued for trial and little or NO punishment is EVER, given to the liers.

Best Answer

If that causes you issues then work to change the penalties as well as the person who is in the position to bring the charges.

Best Answer

That link to the paper by ananda? Yeah, that place is being sued for sexual misconduct, so they MIGHT be a little biased. I'm just saying.....

Anyway, it's difficult enough to get victims to come forward without making them afraid of being punished if it can't be proven. Most girls don't even come forward--it's a very difficult thing to do. Especially considering people are usually raped by someone they know.

Best Answer

The answer is simple. Women and girls who lie and say they were raped (when they were not) should be punished by delivering upon them a genuine rape. Then we'll see how many more want to lie about it after that.

Best Answer

if the district attorney feels there is cause they have the ability to charge the person with filing a false police report , Further these "men" have the option to sue for defamation of character. Only a sick individual would think that doing anything as disgusting as allowing the rape of a woman regardless of what she may have done as just. If it is not pursued then change who the District attorney is.

Best Answer

Studies vary significantly by location. I have seen studies that said someplaces could find as few as 1 in 10 allegations of rape were false and some that were as high as 62%, over 3 in 5. It is doubtless true that many if not most rapes are not reported, in those cases the rapists get away. So in a place where 62% of rapists being accused are NOT guilty then in those same places more people are being falsely imprisoned for rape than even getting accused;

Picture a prison where half the rape convicts are innocent and there's almost twice as many replacements for them who are guilty and still wandering the streets.

Best Answer

mariellarose you may have been caught in the cross fires of a loaded question that was set as a trap to lure in argument and these long explanations that are only to convince people of anothers opinion, whether that opinion is true or not does not mean it is the truth.

Dont take this this rabble to heart.

Best Answer

How often? Pretty rarely. Much more often is a guy claiming that he didn't rape her. After all, she didn't fight him untill her dying breath, so she must have wanted it. or else he's been told you can't truly rape an unwilling woman, so if he overpowered her and did so, she wasn't actually unwilling.

Best Answer

To reply, NO we DO NOT punish them! I was fasley accused of rape, and when i proved I was elsewhere, all I got was the judge saying I was wronged. I was raped and stabbed on 4 different occaisions in prison awaiting trail and found out I was infected with HIV. I got a deathy sentenace and she got a free trip to Six Flags. Soooo......yeah I guess she really got punished didn't she?

Best Answer

Aren't you angry at men for raping you? If not, why not?

Best Answer
Best Answer

BTW JUST BECAUSE A SUSPECT CAN NOT BE PROVEN DUE TO EVIDENCE OR A LOOPHOLE DOESN'T CONFIRM INNOCENT.

Best Answer

WELL IF MEN WERE MORE SELECTIVE THEY WOULD NOT NEED TO WORRY.

Best Answer

We can't punish false rape claims because you never know if someone is actually telling the truth. As many times as I have gotten laughed in the face by cops telling me that I'm a liar, I would be getting punished over and over for what? Being raped? Unfortunately those with false accusations have led to actual victims not being believed and that angers me because a survivor always deserves to have their story heard and respected. There just isn't a way to always distinguish between what happened and what didn't happen.

Best Answer