luvinrain luvinrain 31 15 Answers Oct 15, 2009

About every 8 weeks which is the minium amount of time between donations. I have given over 7 gallons of blood to the blood bank during my life. The funny thing is I am scared of needles I can not watch them do it or I will get faint. I have O- blood, do anyone can use it and can be used for newborns which is rare in many Adults. I keep telling them I am not an adult that is why I can. I enjoy the feeling of giving something that may save someones life and unfortunatly most blood banks in the US are always low. So if you can give please do so as often as you can. Bonus benefit is if I ever need blood they will not charge me for it for giving so much already, it is like building up a savings account.

Best Answer

I am A-, and on the donor list. A- is on short list of blood types<br />
DONATION FREQUENCY (may vary)<br />
Whole Blood donors may donate every 56 days.<br />
Plasma donors may donate twice a week <br />
(max. every 48 hours.)<br />
Platelet donors may donate a maximum of 24 times per year.<br />
Other specialized donations are subject to other rules.

Best Answer

never , but if YOU needed some id give ;-)

Best Answer

I would like to but haven't gotten around to it. American Atheists sometimes has a blood donation thing where the encourage members to donate blood. I am an organ Donner though,

Best Answer

I have never donated because I am phobic when it comes to needles and blood. I know you can donate more that once a year but I'm not sure how many times. Maybe 3 or4. You are screened before you can donate and if you are on certain medications or have had certain illnessess you won't be able to give. I try to make up for not donating by giving to charities and other things. I know people who sell blood and use the money for school.

Best Answer

Whenever a blood drive happens to be around, meaning about three times in the last year.

Best Answer

About every 3 months in Oz. I go regular as clockwork <br />
O neg. I went past 50 donations years back.

Best Answer

I've donated every time I can find a blood drive around here. Which has been twice so far, plus I have an appointment next month. I personally love giving blood. It's really fun for me (don't ask why).<br />
You can donate every three months. That's about how long it takes to recover from your last donation.

Best Answer

I can't. I have diabetes, and it breaks my heart that I can't. Every drop of blood could save someone's life, and I can't do a thing. I always feel damn useless when there's a blood drive..

Best Answer

When Vin Diesel goes to donate blood he declines the needle and asks for a handgun and a bucket. <br />
Just so you know.

Best Answer

I don't donate blood. I don't like doctors. I wish the system went away and all the systems that support it. There are other ways to heal. To me, these other things are more friendly. It won't physically go away but I can ignore the things that bother me. Why can I do this? Shouldn't I have to embrace the reality of this world? Well, sorry. I look up to God. To some he is supportive of everything here. To some he helps them find other ways to live. This is a rebel. Rebels happen. <br />
I guess I'm passionate about this as it is not coming out evenly.

Best Answer

I can't donate blood due to anaemia and medications I take. I believe if one is healthy, one can donate blood up to four times a year. <br />
I didn't Google it, so I might very well be wrong.

Best Answer

unfortunately since my surgery 10 years ago i am not allowed to give blood, but i used to give a pint a month until then.

Best Answer