I mean there's nothing wrong with being sensitive or anything but people who are VERY overly-sensitive here on EP will just jump on to your question and either tell you off or tell you how much you've hurt them with what you said. I mean for me at least, I just have to be careful of what I say or what type of question I'll ask. At first I thought, EP is all about sharing whatever experience you've went through, ask questions about whatever topic and express your sentiments but even then, some of this offends others. Have any of you went through the same here on EP?
JLG1995 JLG1995 18-21, M 8 Answers May 12 in Community

That's pretty much everyone on EP.

Best Answer

True.

Best Answer

you are judging their response by calling it OVERLY sensitive. What if they just disagree or dislike your comment? That is what happens at EP, people judge and have opinions. It really comes down to the question asked. For example how often have we seen someone post a question, like "who think women like to be raped?" This is inappropriate and people should tell that person off. I am not sure you can talk about this in general terms, you have to post what it was that someone responded to. You might see their comment as an over reaction, when others might not agree with you.

Best Answer

My questions were NEVER anything like that(besides, don't those questions get prevented from being asked here on EP?). One of my recent questions here on EP yesterday was "Just out of curiosity, do you hate women who think just because they're females, they deserve special treatment...? and then a few women who've answers misunderstood the question and thought was referring to all women as a whole when I only meant women WITH these mindsets. Then one of the women who answered went off on me and said to give her sources where women like this exist. Then on my last response, She's asking me if I'mbacking out of the "challenge"? It's really sad that she was asking me that because she a woman in the 56-60 age group and you'd a expect someone her age group to be a little more mature about this.

Best Answer

Ok, honestly, any question that starts of with "do you hate women....," can be seen as sensitive. I can also see how some would find it a bit offensive and respond in a negative way because in reality many women are severely abused. it might have been better to describe the women you are referring to and ask for opinions on this personality type. I have to admit that I do not know any women that are as you say, I think that there are women who have very high standards and will turn down guys for fairly superficial reasons, but that is their choice, why should they settle or date someone that does not meet their standards. I understand what you were asking, but I guess you could have gone about it in a different way that might not have got as strong a negative response. but then again, if you can handle a negative response, Like a heated debate, continue as you are.

Best Answer

I never said there's anything wrong with women having a personal preferance(we all have one). I asked a question if people hate the certain type of women who think simply because they're female, they don't need to be held responsible for their own actions(And BELIEVE ME, these women DO exist, they're just a small percentage luckily for us). Luckily for me, I've never encountered these type of women.

Best Answer

And I've seen a ton of people ask about "hating certain blacks" and "hating certain hispanics"(Not all Blacks and Hispanics as a whole) and I didn't get offended by it one bit(I'm hispanic myself).

Best Answer

And I've also seen a couple of male bashiing here on EP as well, yet I decided to just stay out of it.

Best Answer

In my view when anyone asks any question that starts with, “ don’t you hate_______” you are not really seeking people’s opinions on a topic, but instead you are seeking support for your particular point of view. If you really were seeking opinions you would ask for opinions on the topic.

Best Answer

Ok, well I guess I should have worded my questions better then so there would be no misunderstanding.

Best Answer

But one more thing, now I'm not here to say that women were never persecuted or it's all fabrication or it's okay to persecute and abuse them but you're talking as if women are the only ones who were abused. You mean to tell me that women as a whole(including white women) historically have went through worse than what blacks(slavery, lynching, sterilization), Jews(the holocaust) and Native Americans(land being taken, being nearly exterminated, and raped) of BOTH genders. Again, it's not to say that women were never treated as harshly for being their gender but a person is more likely to be persecuted for their ethnicity, religious belief and sexual orientation than their gender. I know this has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about but I'm just responding to your "women were severly abused) statement on one of your responses.

Best Answer

I am not saying they are the ONLY ones abused and I do not compare one abuse to another. Abuse is abuse, and as educated informed people we can do a better job of asking any question by keeping all of this in mind.

Best Answer

I agree with you there. I just hate it when people focus on abused group and ignore the rest as if it's nothing. Coming from a Non-White Male, even Whites/Caucasians Males were discriminated at some point. I'm glad that you're not one of those types who only cares about one group and being more open-minded about it.

Best Answer

why change 4 others-b urself they dont like laugh at them tell them move on-me im not shy ill tell them off-they cant respect me i sure wont respect them

Best Answer

Often. Some people still don't get a smiley face or lol at the end means you are being nice, some people think you are laughing at them and get really offended and ******. Some people are just paranoid :)

Best Answer

Forget them and live your life

Best Answer

hasn't happened so far.

Best Answer

Not very often. The wusses usually block you PDQ.

Best Answer

Some people should not be allowed on the internet...

Best Answer

Are you referring to "Some people" to me? I've ask questions and have said certain things that was unintentionally offensive to some so I always try to back up the things I said in order to not offend anyone really.

Best Answer

You are " not " the some people...:)

Best Answer