Never, I buy them food.

Best Answer

I still support one 26 year old son who would be homeless if he didn't live here and sponge off me. So my answer is, 'every day'

Best Answer

like mommy i keep blessing bags in my car as well, though the contents are slightly different. i like to include clean syringes (get them free at the clinic), a mini dollar bottle of hard booze. cheep beer chaser, some nodoze to keep their spirits up, a nugget of some pressed mexican ditch weed, a pack of matches, and a few rolling papers. i can make about 15 of these for 40 bucks too, but i think mine are more appreciated than mommies.

Best Answer

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. I think I want your bags!

Best Answer

i honestly dont give money to homeless ppl ever. most of them actually have a beer in their hands so i dont want them to buy more beer. i have seen a homeless mother so i gave her a few dollars. i would like to volunteer n help out the less fortunate but i dont have a lot of time cuz im a stay at home mom with no car and im trying to find my own job so i can get one. then i will be able to after i get a car.

Best Answer

Once in a while I give them money. I've never went out of my way to buy and hand them out food. Even if they don't have enough dignity our will power to do the right thing with the hand out, that choice is theirs just as it's my choice to give out my money.

Best Answer

I dont give my money, I give my time. I am a key worker in a homeless mens hostel and money is no good to homeless they need help and support. Money is evil for most of them and fuels addiction. Its a bit like the saying "teach a man to fish etc..." People need to relearn and develop the skills to maintain their lifestyles, independance and more improtantly the roof over their heads. Its tragic the situations and circumstances that lead people down the wrong path to destruction. But time is more valuable than money to people.

Best Answer

Well from my experience, I sure as hell could have used money when I was homeless for almost a year and it had absolutely nothing to do with addiction to any substance. Sometimes, people are in a situation they just can't get out of with out financial help. Although, my homeless situation was a little different since I had a job which allowed me to keep my pride intact and never ask for a hand out. Lived in my vehicle and outside for about 10 months. One would think they would be able to save more money with out the burden of rent and utilities, but when you have to purchase your meals on a daily basis cause you have no fridge to buy in bulk, up keep a gym membership just so you can shower, burn fuel in your vehicle so you don't die from heat exhaustion or freeze to death.....money goes quick. But hey, not every homeless person has the mentality and perseverance to push forward....so I guess coaching would be of help. In my case, I would have been pissed if someone offered me advice over subsistence to help me live. Luckily, no one ever knew I was homeless until after the fact.

Best Answer

Well like you say everyones circumstances are different. Getting money from people in small dribs and drabs of change definitely does not help or prevent homelessness. Your circumstances of having a job while homeless is quite unusual from what we get through our doors here. Sitting on the streets and begging for change does not get people off the streets or stability it just fills a hole of hunger for an hour with a coffee or burger or a beer or a bag of drugs. In this day and age people cant afford to give the mass amount of money you would need to survive and have stability and set you up on the road to independence. 50 pence here and there does not help.

Best Answer

I don't give them money, but I keep "blessing bags" in my car. They are just a plastic grocery bag with a toothbrush, toothpaste, bar of soap, pair of socks, crackers, fruit snacks, granola bars and a couple bottles of water. I get the supplies at the dollar tree and it costs me about $40 to make 15 bags.

Best Answer

My blessing bags brings all the bums to the yard,
And there like,
Its better than yours,
Damn right its better than yours,
I can teach you,
But I have to charge
I know you want it,
The thing that makes me,
What the guys go crazy for.
They lose their minds,
The way I wind,
I think its time...

Best Answer

I gave The Golden Voice a couple of my bags. He used to stand at the exit to hubby's grandparents house.

Best Answer

before today I could say I never gave to anyone asking for a handout on the street - <br />
I went to the pharmacy where a young woman saved me $150 on a medication by turning me one to a sc<x>ript savings plan. When I left I went a different way home and there at the light was a man with a sign looking very embarrassed - so I pulled out a ten and did a drive by hand off to him. Why? I don't know. Kindness for kindness?

Best Answer

not very often, but i do support several "homeless children" charities, and I gave a little money to a homeless man in a bus station.

Best Answer

i've had 5 homeless people here.....for the last year & a half............is that good enuh?..........wtf do you people want from me?.......treat em right, raise em right

Best Answer

Not often. It really does not help the overall situation and it has been my experience that when you help people who are their own worst enemy it really is no help at all. They have to try to help themselves first.

Best Answer

Never, I take them for lunch and sit with them through lunch. I have made some good friends this way and am still in touch with them 14 years later.

Best Answer

Never. I offer to buy them food at the corner store and most start cursing at me. Needless to say.. they don't drink from me

Best Answer

i pay tax. they receive a government benifit... and choose to live on the street (Aus only)

Best Answer

I try to buy The Big Issue once a week from the homeless guy who stands in front of my local supermarket.<br />
And no, I know it's not much.

Best Answer

half the time i see them.

Best Answer