If not willing to try one, would you be accepting of others with these types of relationships?
Agonystick Agonystick 26-30, M 16 Answers Dec 22, 2012 in Romance & True Love

I am in an open relationship. My husband allows me to have other relationships for the purposes of sex. It was not my idea initially but after a great deal of communication on the issue I was receptive to the idea. In our situation my husband only wants me to do what/who I want. In fact one of the ground rules is that he does not want me to do anything unless it is what I want. We are completely honest about all aspects of the situation. There is absolutely no secrets. In our situation I have had a long term sexual relationship with one person that has a friendship with my husband. It has lasted several years. I think how open anyone is to this type of relationship depends first on the strength of your relationship for starters, complete honesty, and the reasons why an open relationship could be an option.

Best Answer

I say people can do whatever they want me personally....Would never happen in a million trillion years.

Best Answer

It is up the woman...if she wants to screw around she is allowed, You can too but you risk losing her more than she risks losing you. Basically you are a friend, a backup...If the two of you are married, it is still about the same but you have a real agreement and probably laid out specific ground rules

Best Answer

yea sure. i might do it if i felt comfortable with it

Best Answer

What do you mean if you felt comfortable? If you might do it, doesn't that mean you're comfortable with the idea already?

Best Answer

It may be something my other might want to "try" in some course of the relationship. It would might depend on how strong the relationship is too.

Best Answer

Oh so you're saying you're not really interested, but your partner is, and you're willing to try for their sake? I think it would only really work if both partners were sincerely into the idea. Or if the other really doesn't have any jealousy/trust issues.

Best Answer

No one is really anyone's possession and I might even have the mentality for it, but that being said I could only be friends, nothing more.

Best Answer

I don't like the idea. If I love a woman I wouldn't want to share her with anyone, and I wouldn't expect her to want to share me.

Best Answer

I understand that, but nowadays, it just seems that nobody is faithful anymore. I think it might be better to be honest about it, instead of having to sneak around on each other and break each other's trust.

Best Answer

Yeah most people aren't, but I am and I expels my significant other to be also.

Best Answer

If I found a girl who was honest about being faithful, I'd totally be there with her. But I'm starting to believe that people lie about this to preserve their dignity to others.

Best Answer

In my situation my husband is military and has been deployed to a war zone for more than 3 years. He is now stationed on a hardship tour and we will be separated for an entire year. He has no interest in other women and has rejected any suggestion that he seek sex from anyone else but me. However he wants me to be happy and sexually satisfied even when he is unable to be there. I am faithful to our relationship definitely more so than my friends who are not in an open relationship because we are honest and discuss everything

Best Answer

I am open to looking into it. I am definately not opposed to it. My partner on the other hand.. is very territorial. so idk if that's an option after all lol

Best Answer

Whoa this is surprising me. So far two females saying they are interested, but not their men...opposite of what I'd think. Have you ever brought it up with him?

Best Answer

it's actually a woman lol. i've brought it up in light conversation, just ran it by her real quick but not mentioned it seriously. But judging by the reaction she gave me, just for joking about it, i'm just assuming she wont go for it

Best Answer

Oh, interesting. Yeah, I guess it's a nono then.

Best Answer

lucky

Best Answer

Who's lucky? I never said I had this going on. I have nothing going on in fact.

Best Answer

DON'T LAUGH! ;-(

Best Answer

Because I'm interested to see what people think.

Best Answer

I never thought that you are in a open relationship. I meant to say, I am open to it, my wife is not. so I think couple that are in open relationship are lucky. and I am fine with it.

Best Answer

Personally, I can't be in one. I have a jealous and possessive streak that runs deep. <br />
I have no problem with other people being in one if that works for them, that's their business.

Best Answer

Think you could be friends with people who have this kind of relationship?

Best Answer

Yeah, I said I have no problem with that.

Best Answer

Well most of us are friends with people who are cheating we just may not be aware that it is occurring. So why would anyone not want to be friends with a couple that is actually honest

Best Answer

very :)

Best Answer

I'm currently in an open realtion-ship, in one month it will be two years together but we only enter an open relationship about a year ago. Before we were a monogamous couple. It is true that is not for anybody it requires a lot of self confidence, trust and extensive communication. In my particular case, I feel like it has made my relationship a lot stronger. Its not like I don't have my feet on the ground all things come to an end at some point or another, maybe she is the one maybe not but if one thing is for sure is that it doesn't look like it will end any time soon.

Best Answer