my friend wants to start a water fast next week! im kinda scared for her cuz ive heard some negative things about this method of weightloss. How long is this fast still a "safe" one? shes shooting for 3 weeks,.. is that safe?
USMCGIRL4ever USMCGIRL4ever 18-21, F 11 Answers Mar 27, 2010

I think a lot of people on here are just stupid. There is a man who fast for one year. That's 365 days of just water and he is still walking around. Now if she is like 120 lbs and wants to do a 21 week fast then you should worry. Would you people look up some facts before you start giving stupid answers. Just because you can't keep food out of your mouth, don't try to scare other people from it.

Best Answer

Reading most of the posts here it is obvious that most people do not understand what "water fasting" is. Water fasting is not eating solid food and drinking only water. It is incredibley beneficial in 3-7 day periods as it allows the body to detoxify, reset the digestive system, clear up skin conditions and so forth. However, you must be careful that you do not drink too much water as it can quickly deplete all your electrolytes. As someone who does this annually, I can vouch for the great benefits. I hope this helps!<br />
And for those who call people who do this "crack heads", it only shows how ignorant and simple you are.

Best Answer

Is Starving yourself ever really safe? I think crack heads probably do this a lot, do they seem ok? Christian bale ate nothing but apples to do the movie the machinist. It takes more calories to digest an apple than you get from them. I would probably try that before a strait water diet. Check out the "Master Cleanse" If she's gonna starve why not try to make it a productive starvation

Best Answer

I would say it's retarded.

Best Answer

It's a nice way to get your fluids and electrolytes all out of balance; sodium, potassium. It can cause severe changes in mental status.<br />
You're better off drinking juices and high protein shakes. Even Gatoraide would be better.<br />
Why not eat some fruits and veggies? <br />
Go Raw if you want to lose weight or 'detox' the healthy way. Plus it's a lot more enjoyable.

Best Answer

Google search says no more than 10 days. I wouldn't worry about it too much, though. Eventually her survival instinct will kick in and she'll have to eat something or she'll die.

Best Answer

As Alicia87 says, the girl will be DEAD in about ten days. One can fast from FOOD that long and MUCH longer, but water is unreplaceably, incontestibly required to expell the waste products urine does DAILY for best health. It would be almost as bad as a "normal" person loading up on these toxins eating uric acid, urea, and other nasty POISON byproducts we need to get rid of.<br />
FYI I have fasted from ALL food [save vitamins and salt AND WATER] for seven full days and nights 24x7 hours!<br />
I'd look for smarter friends!!!!

Best Answer

thats so extreme! Why not just eat healthy and smaller amounts... I dunno, I just don't get this method at all .

Best Answer

Not very safe...

Best Answer