Depends what book it is, but something under 250-300 pages will be too short

Best Answer

It depends on the subject matter I guess and how the author's writing style is. For a non-fiction book, I guess around 200 pages or so would be the minimum I would expect. I'm not really into reading novels but have read some fiction; I think most of the ones I have liked have been around 300 some-odd pages. I go more by how well it is written than the actual number of pages when I am reading, but for it to be a "book" instead of a thesis, I would say there is an expectation of more pages.

Best Answer

if it's under 200, i'm going to be skeptical. however, the third policeman by flann o'brien is very short, and it is a fantastically good book. everyone who sees this, go find it and read it!

Best Answer

Size matters! The bigger the better

Best Answer

If it's a short story, then probably about five pages or so is a good start.<br />
This is a difficult question because it depends on the type of book, and whether it's a good one or not. Some books can be short- but when poorly written, they seem to last forever. A well written book can be five hundred pages and still be too short for me.

Best Answer

I am so ADD the book doesn't stand a chance. If its a movie, like six attempts before I absorb all of it via osmosis. If its ****, thennn we have my attention. Or the trades articles.

Best Answer

On the whole, I *prefer* shorter books: huge tomes tend to be filled with long desc<x>riptions and rambling dialogue, and I prefer stories that keep it snappy and get on with the storytelling. That said, I'll read anything if I like the premise and the first few pages.

Best Answer

the longest book i've read was in jail and it was 200 and something. i never make it past the first chapter. I like to read the first few pages and then the last couple and then just try and imagine how they got there.

Best Answer

250 minimum

Best Answer

Good to know

Best Answer