I really try to be fair, but brother is a single parent, and there has been times we have helped because of my grandson. She's also jealous of our grandson. The last time she got upset because we were taking our grandson on a trip with us.
dare2love dare2love 56-60, F 9 Answers Jul 12, 2011

wow, even grown adults can act like such children. Life isn't always fair, I can't believe a grown adult doesn't realize that. I think your son is going through a rough time, children are expensive and I think you're trying to help him out. I'm not sure what or if any help your grandson's mother gives. I think your daughter is in the wrong.

Best Answer

Leave them alone. Key word here is grown----even though it bothers you. Your daughter will have to sort things out on her own. Her brother will understand. They are going to have a moment that will change their lives forever.

Best Answer

She brings me into it, and says that he's the chosen one,

Best Answer

That happened not too long ago. Her step daughter is totally jealous of their new baby. Even she said pay back huh mom! Things have really changed since then.

Best Answer

It SOUNDS as though your daughter is pissed off at you for favoring her brother and his son. That is quite different from being jealous. That being true, deal with your daughter's probable feeling of not being worthwhile, lovable, and accepted.

Best Answer

Don't get involved it is their problem and they will decide when they want to work it out. Just establish a ground rule that when they are in your home they will act like civil adults. Maybe then they will take the hint and work out their differences.

Best Answer

I guess my question was confusing. The problem is she is always verbally attacking me that her brother always gets more than her.

Best Answer

treat them separately but equally things will straighten out between them

Best Answer

just call her every once in awhile out of the blue and tell her you love her, or give her a hug when you see her

Best Answer

tell her the times, were harder now. it,s getting beter.

Best Answer

Try to treat them equally but I know thatn't easy some times. You can always remind her that you will take her child on the next trip you go on.

Best Answer

She has a step daughter, and her mother doesn't even like her too spend the night at our house. She actually thinks we should take her famiily on expense paid trip!

Best Answer

One time her brother and grandson went with us on a short 1 nite trip . I invited her to go, but she didn't want to go. and was mad we didn't schedule so hubby could go. It was spring break and I teach!

Best Answer