The other day I went into my BFs house at the time he wanted me there when I man in a ski masked jumped out at me. I screamed and tried to run out of the house when my BF and his brother caught me and told me it was a prank. The guy in the ski mask was his dad. I started screaming and crying and tried to hit them but the more I got mad the more they laughed. I eventually ran out of the house but had to go back to get my purse. They recorded it and I begged them to erase it but they won't. When I asked them why they would do such a thing to me my BF just said "Because it's funny". Apparently, I am not one of these women who can have any prank played on them and they laugh it off. I haven't talked to him since though he has texted me. I had my locks rekeyed yesterday because I now don't trust him. In fact I am just thinking about breaking it off. I really don't know what to do, especially avout the video.My BF was acting like a completely different person than the one I know.
BadGirl1979 BadGirl1979 31-35, F 16 Answers Dec 20, 2012 in Parenting & Family

If you had your locks re-keyed, in your heart you know this relationship is over. Start looking for someone that won't make you the butt of their jokes and amusements.

Also, why won't he erase this? That was a very reasonable request. It sure looks like his amusement is more important than your feelings.

Best Answer

your doing well with the locks changed, now just break up with him completly

Best Answer

LOL!

Best Answer

To some people it is a LOL! Not to me right now.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Tell them to turn over the recording or you will go to the authorities. Time for a new BF.

Best Answer

From my picture in my mind I dont think I would really make a real big deal out of it, Now if he had got a video of me in the nude or some real private moment then I would get made and make a big deal out of it, one day you and him could sit back and watch it and keep the laughter a live with you both.

Best Answer

Gray, I honestl;y hope that one day I can laugh about it but at this point I don't know if I can. I like a good prank (even if it is on me) but this one went way too far. Now his family probably thinks I am some hysterical nut case. I automatically hate his family. I don't know if I can get past that either.

Best Answer

Okay I can understand then so this makes a different if you and his family has had differencies.

Best Answer

I think it was the fact that they kept teasing me after when I was crying instead of comforting me and reassuring me. And it bother's me that he won't erase it.

Best Answer

Okay I see clearer now, yep that was bad he really did it all to be mean and embarrass you in front of his people< Oh okay I would make him see it all to, dump him let it be a lesson to him, oh and by the way how long has you both been together?

Best Answer

About 2 years, and thinking about taking it to the next level, moving in maybe getting married. I do agree about what you said about calming down and in time maybe I will laugh about it. But the thing about teasing me when I was upset and not erasing it is disturbing to me.

Best Answer

Okay I see, most men are immature minds we female minds are way more mature than a male you should have heard about that piece of s***t I had in my life was very immature my 6 year old grandbaby was mature than he was, true true

Best Answer

Omlord ....stop OVERREACTING ...for goodness sakes

Best Answer

You have a very valid arguement. But as you can see many people would react the same way I did. I wish I was the type of person who can just easily laugh these things off. I am trying to calm down though.

Best Answer

Then I am glad you got rid of him.

Best Answer

Yep I did do that and right today he want to be back with me but NOT, so I wish the best for you and I do understand what you are feeling now

Best Answer

Leave! Thats disturbing in many ways.! Good for changing the locks! What a loser A hole! Not funny at all I wish you carried a pocket knife and stabbed the dad and then seen how much they would love to keep that video! You deserve better. Good luck!

Best Answer

That is cruel, he took it too far. As a woman I am fearful of somthing similar to that happening to me somday so it would for sure be terrifying. If he is not mature enough to know when to apologize for taking it too far he is not boyfriend material. I would not break up with him until you somehow secure the video.

Best Answer

I just keep replaying it in my mind over and over, walking in on a robbery. To them it ws just a prank, but to me I was facing an intruder in his home. I even kept dreaming about it.

Best Answer

if he's a keeper, then he'll be very sorry sometime soon - i once 'pranked' a girl in elementary school by putting a maggot in her shirt and thinking of it now, i feel so eternally sorry that i could almost cry

Best Answer

it's your call maybe keep up the distrust of him even if you do . make it a pain for him to get anywhere because you Obviously don't trust him. till he learns how much he scared you. You expect him to protect you but this made you feel he might run if confronted by a true assault. I suspect his dad too enjoyed your trama too at least helped set it up if . maybe even gave him the plan. Think about it I'm not good at thisone but how long are you going to be scared they might do it again?

Best Answer

Chances are you had a few clues you ignored before....... This crosses anybody's line. Tell him the only video he should save is you leaving.

Best Answer

I think you're over reacting. Yes, this joke was distasteful. I think he thought it was really funny and that as soon as you got over it you would laugh it off. I have plenty videos of my boyfriend doing embarrassing things that he begs me to erase but I keep them because I think he's adorable. You are being an over drama queen. Let it go. You just want validation that your response was an appropriate one. It wasn't. Re keying your door was completely irrational. I feel bad for your boyfriend.

Best Answer

Yes I wanted validation for my response. And it was appropriate. Once you lose trust in someone it is over. And I won't appologise for rekeying my locks because if he will do this he may sneak into my place to do something similar.

Best Answer

Besides I came here for advice and got it. Most people felt I did the right thing about rekeying the locks. A few people said I should give it a few more days and talk about this with him. I even got advice from you saying though it was distasteful he probably thought I would just laugh it off . And I feel bad for anyone who has a "friend" who won't erase a video taken without permission and is upsetting the other person. It shows a complete lack of respect and a selfish streak.

Best Answer

No, it doesn't. Your response was incredibly dramatic. People on this site tell you things you want to hear. You wanted to hear that you were completely valid. It's not like you have any reason to be afraid of him. The video he has was of you being scared. People play distasteful pranks all the time, and as soon as he realizes how distasteful his was then he'll apologize. My boyfriend has a video of me coming back from the dentist after having my wisdom teeth pulled which is the most embarrassing video of me to date. I understand why he keeps it, though I want it gone. When people have senses of humor this is what they do. I understand breaking up with him, because it's absolutely obvious you need to date someone with a stick up their *** and he needs to date someone much more easy going. However, unless he physically threatened you than you're just being a dramatic *****. It's not like he pretended to break into your house. He pretended there was a burglar in his.

Best Answer

Apologize. you mean Apologize. After your reaction I strongly doubt he would. Besides, he'll probably dump you soon anyway. If my boyfriend was this pissy about anything I'd dump him in a heartbeat.

Best Answer

Then may you get dumped.

Best Answer

Blame not only the BF but the whole family. Apparently, they hit a nerve of your fears, to the point of removing yourself from your BF. If you cannot forgive and forget that you do have a serious problem that you should look into. Apparently you cannot trust adults and laugh this one off. I wonder how many similar fears that you are hiding for another BF.

Please forgive them for your fears.

Best Answer

Well that's just about the rudest ***** out.

Honey.

Why are you even with him? It's one thing to play a prank that you found just plain mean and NOT even apologise for it, but it's another for the whole family of ***** to do it. That SHOWS just what you're dealing with here if they won't delete the film. You could DEFINITELY do so much better than that.

Best Answer

For some people being on the receiving end of a prank like that is no big deal but for others is is a big deal. For you is is and your BF should have been tuned into that before he did it. The fact that you have rekeyed your door tells me that you have already made up you mind and you are looking to validate the decision and I agree that life is too short to put up with bad behavior. Listen to that voice that made you change the locks

Best Answer

Usually I find laughing along with the prank is the best wasy of handeling it. I just can't find this one funny. Usually when I play a prank it isn't as scary, and I pat the person on the back and tell them what a good sport they are etc. I didn't get any sympathy or support from him in any way. Just them laughing at me even harder.

Best Answer

If I played a prank that did not go well, I would do everything to make it right. Since your BF is not doing that, you need to re-evaluate the relationship. Maybe you will remember other times that didn't register at the time but will make sense with your new perspective.

Best Answer