I usually am friendly back, but I dont want to be friends with someone who just is friendly just to be polite, they do not want a genuine friendship. They say, yes I want a personal relationship with you, but they say it to be polite, but in their hearts, they really do not want it. I know they mean well and do not want to hurt my feelings, but I rather be friends with people that actually want to be my friends rather than people that just are being polite.
geonavigator07 geonavigator07 22-25, M 7 Answers Nov 15, 2012 in Parenting & Family

You've already got it figured out! Be friends with whom you choose to be. :)

Best Answer

Some people don't know what is means to be a friend to anyone and often just need to learn by experiencing friendship by someone being a good friend to them. A good friend does nice things just because they want to, not because they have an agenda or are secretly expecting something in return. That is called manipulation and is usually how people lose sight of what friendship is about. Friendship is about acts of kindness and support purely for the sake of being able to do these things and having the awareness that guides you to a place of non judgement and appreciation. If you have a premeditated idea of how you want a person to respond or behave around you, then you are not looking for a friend, but instead a puppet. And hanging out with puppets is very limiting.

Best Answer

I like it this way......especially when they are nice and we are able to talk about most things......different from real life, but some are so endearing.....to me the friendship is real.....too bad it's cyber land .

Best Answer

You read my thoughts exactly! I have written these ideas already! I am me and I will not pretend to be someone I am not. You be yourself and take the consequences because being you from those who pretend. There are more that have pretenders as friends then good honest people that have less or no friends at all. I have learned that the more honest you are; you at least get people who trust you then trying to pretend. I don't have to try anymore. People around me stay away; or understand me. My efforts of friendship isn't as hard. I hope you undersand what I mean. In other words, they love me or they don't. I stopped trying to make friends with people who lie, or wants lies, or etc.

Best Answer

Become a MASTER OF HINTS<br />
and if that person still doesnt get it play THE DODGING GAME<br />
and be creative so you can always look back and laugh<br />
yourself

Best Answer

Your question is so great we should be friends...

Best Answer