I know he doesn't mean anything, but in last weeks workshop, he did it so much other people started doing the same and I just felt uncomfortable! I don't want to say uncomfortable because I don't want him to think I took it the wrong way.. But I've been annoyed by it and now stuck with it and it's harder now because I didn't say from the beginning..
ThePeach ThePeach 26-30, F 6 Answers Jan 29 in Health

Body language could do the trick. When he starts patting, then stiffen up or wiggle your shoulder as if you are pulling away from his hand. Make an uncomfortable face and wince a little. If that doesn't work, then reach up and grab his hand and squeeze his fingers a little so it is slightly uncomfortable. Act as if you are doing that without even thinking. If that doesn't work, then reach over and pat his shoulder as he is patting yours. Ideally, he would be the kind of person that you could just give a few hints to, and he would take the hint. If not, maybe it's best to just say, "Why do you pat my shoulder? It's unusual." Look puzzled or grin.

Best Answer

The thing is, I realize I should have done this when it first happened! I though it was just a coincidence, that he wanted to make sure I was listening as he stood behind me while I worked on the computer.. In the workshop he was the facilitator and I took notes and took care of presentations.. By the end of the workshop 2 other men colleagues put their hand on my shoulder/back as thy talked to me! What tha... I hope it's not too late to fix this

Best Answer

I don't think so, but you are going to have to send some clear signs that it isn't comfortable for you. Even if it involves stepping away from the hand.

Best Answer

yes as it may be seen as sexual harassment

Best Answer

There shouldn't be touching....when a woman touches a man ever so lightly it has meaning...same goes for a man...he's testing the waters...

Best Answer

For 4 months? And with loading with trivial tasks? Like note taking and formatting text documents? I don't understand!

Best Answer

Wait, what?....IDU......

Best Answer

I meant this has been happening for 4 months, and he's been loading me with a lot of work and trivial tasks.. I don't see how touching my shoulder might mean what you suggest..

Best Answer

Tell him it makes you horny, to please stop.

Best Answer

Put a mousetrap on your shoulder

Best Answer