There is a man named Matt who is not a coworker of mine (yet), but I will be working with him soon. I have talked to a two other coworkers of mine and this man has tried to get them both fired. I know these two people very well and know they're good workers and nice people, so I'm a little anxious to be working with Matt. This is all hear-say so far, but I have worked with Matt only once and he was very rude and insulting. When I asked how Matt could get away with bullying others and trying to get good people fired I was told our boss has been working with him a long time and believes Matt's lies. I don't tolerate bullies and think if an issue comes up there will be friction- perhaps resulting in me being fired if it comes to that. Is that wise though?
Kryuchkova Kryuchkova 26-30, M 6 Answers Nov 15, 2010

Be polite and keep a dictaphone running in your pocket. You will then have the evidence to counter any attack

Best Answer

Best advice: 1. Always be kind and respectful towards all your co-workers, no matter how they behave towards you. Remember, you are not responsible for anyones actions except your own. When you treat everyone you work with this way, no one will believe this guy when and if he starts talking trash about you. 2. When and if he does start being rude, call him on it in a very polite and non-threatening way. For example, let's say he makes a rude accusation or comment. Politely respond in a very gentle voice something like "Matt, help me to understand what you are saying....why do you say this?" Also, it helps to have a witness in these situations but just be careful, because if you cause him to "lose face" in front of others it will fuel his insecurities. Also, try to get as much of these "conversations" in e-mail. That way if he is rude, you can keep the e-mails as a record of his treatment of you to show your boss or HR.

Best Answer

Kill the individual with kindness!

Best Answer

Start being very friendly toward your boss also. Matt shouldn't be his only friend.

Best Answer