My dealer/hookup was doing parkour when I visited today. He messed up a trick and wiped out on his face, side and hip. He pretty badly scraped up his face, arm, and bruised his hip (which made hooking up quite awkward). I don't understand the appeal of parkour. There's a really poor risk to reward ratio there, it's so pointless.
cosmicspeck cosmicspeck 22-25, F 13 Answers Aug 27, 2012 in Hobbies

If every person who practiced parkour badly wiped out when they did it, then yes, it would be stupid. However if you practice within your limitations and are careful, it can be a great way to keep in shape and you look cool doing it ;). Sure there are always risks, but what worthwhile sport doesn't?

Best Answer

I'm going to tell you something, I was doing that type of stuff when I was 8 years old around downtown buildings and 2 story home areas. I didn't know what the heck it was I was just an 8 year old kid in the 3rd grade playing. I think it's funny they finally came up with a name for it all these years later and it's a "martial art" yet. I also used it to escape security guards while fooling around new apartment houses that were being built. <br />
Ha Ha!!!

Best Answer

very if you break a bone doing it.

Best Answer

Just like any other sport, there is the possibility of injuring one's self, especially if you've bitten off more than you can chew. I practiced parkour in the past but I was always careful of my environment and my limitations. I didn't to too terribly much in the way of cool tricks, but I got a heck of a workout and never got hurt. I would say that your dealer was quite a bit ahead of himself there. <br />
The appeal that it has is the same as any other sport. You gain satisfaction from the use of your body to attain a goal. In parkour this can be an individual goal or a competitive goal, but really it's not any different from any other sport in that respect.

Best Answer

I think it's amazing, I wish I could do that ****!

Best Answer

About as stupid as running and jumping and then calling it awesome for no apparent reason.

Best Answer

Nah it's cool. Just like anything else there is a risk involved should things go wrong. Just coz he wiped out doesn;t mean parkour is stupid lol

Best Answer

people think parkour is a stupid sport. False. Parkour is only stupid when the person practicing it is stupid. The parkourists know their limits. Parkour is all about exploring the human body and what it can do. Not to commit sucide.

Best Answer