Ok so when I was around 5 my mum and dad broke up, and she got married again. It's been around 10 years not seeing my biological dad, and I really want to see him again cause from what I remember, he was super cool and I loved him a lot. I know what his first name is, but how do I go about asking my mum for his last name so I could try to find him on facebook or something?
AvaRawr AvaRawr 16-17, F 6 Answers Aug 30 in Parenting & Family

If you are in the states http://www.intelius.com/ run your mom's married and maiden name, sometimes this site returns possible relatives names also.

Best Answer

You might be able to find his last name on your birth certificate.

Best Answer

Just tell her what you think

Best Answer

Just tell her how you feel? You have a legal right to see him by the way

Best Answer

do you know they broke up in the first place?

Best Answer

Yeah, they always fought and it just didn't work out

Best Answer

ok... sounds like no bad blood, just no chemistry...
.. so you can basically tell your mom that you are curious and would like to find out... perhaps you can even ask her help to find out... just all cards on the table...
...and if she has objections that also gives the level playing field to get those objections on the table in a reasonable way...

Best Answer

"hey mum who is my dad?"

Best Answer