For years I've come to sites like this and other forums, and tried calling my mother but it's just not doing it anymore. More and more that gripping feeling in my chest can't be satiated.
Blitzingtakin Blitzingtakin 22-25, M 9 Answers Dec 12, 2012 in Loneliness

To come to a site like this you need to have the intention to make it work for you.You can develop a good circle of friends and there is a feel good factor about EP.By moving sites all the time they will feel cold and alien.

Best Answer

don't notice how lonely you are.<br />
I was fine being alone before I noticed and not afterward. thusly, to be okay with it I have to stop noticing. unfortunately, I can't deceive myself. maybe you're not so unlucky

Best Answer

You have anxiety? Do you go out for walks? I started that years ago. I would start with a short stroll around the block. Then, I went further and further away, to explore parts of the city I knew nothing about. And now I do it another countries too, if I get a chance. When I walk, I admire architecture and stop to browse in shops or other buildings. Sometimes, I meet people and have short but interesting conversations. I do all this because I like to write but I find it very therapeutic. A good diet also boosts my brain so I don't feel down too often.

Best Answer

If you don't love yourself, no one else will love you. When you love yourself, to be alone will be OK.

Best Answer

Build a strong network of friends....work friends...community friends...social clubs...things like that. How do you meet people? Well....start at work...being really friendly to people. Then, try going to church and go to all the social events. Then look on Meetup.com and see if there are any clubs that interest you and try to meet people that way. Take classes and lessons, like dance lessons.....and go to dances, especially. You will end up meeting so many people!

Best Answer

Find some hobbies.

Best Answer

Don't be alone for too long, meet people.

Best Answer

It's been 6 years. No joke. I left school at 16 and been by myself ever since.
I like what Garvan said but even so, I'm even anxious and socially phobic online. This is hard enough to type.

Best Answer

What you need is a common concern or a common attitude with some people that may then become friends.

Best Answer