We have been dating for 2 years. I have no children but he has 4 ranging from 15-4. I love him and the kids but I have really begun to see that I will never be a priority in his life. And I understand and agree that his children should be first. We all live in a house that I own. Every part of knowing that this is what I have to do is breaking my heart. How do I break up without destroying the kids and him and me?
lbradcamp lbradcamp 31-35, F 4 Answers Jun 8 in Dating & Relationships

just tell him the truth short term pain long term gain

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

This is a truth that most people who are getting into a relationship with someone with children need to understand. His/her children will always come first, sometimes his ex wife/girlfriend will be around. But love is selfish and you want your partner all to yourself, this is natural. You need to tell him how you feel, he cant read your mind. <br />
You will need to be tough but you have one life, one life to live the way you want too. If you're not happy, then fix it. It's the only way. I would suggest talking it over with the father before bring the kids into the fold. No heart has ever broken even, someone is always hurt. But it's better than living a life of endless misery.

Best Answer

I have told him over the last couple months. And I know the writing is on the wall. I am at the point where I know what I have to do. I just feel horrible for the kids and what it could do to them. But you are right. Thank you.

Best Answer

That kind of depends on where you live. Is it your place, his or both of yours. If it is his or both of yours, just move out. If it is yours, it will be tougher, asking him and his kids to leave.

Best Answer

It is my place. I own it. So Ya it's the harder one. Lucky me.

Best Answer

You can't break up without creating havoc in people's lives.

Best Answer

Very true. Sometimes I just wish life wasn't so messy haha.

Best Answer