I would like to find my familiar or spirit guide but I'm not sure how to go about it. There are so many different ways told on the net and in books that I don't know which to choose, can someone tell me how they found theirs?
ilovenewsocks ilovenewsocks 31-35, F 33 Answers Oct 14, 2009

You don't find them....they find you.<br />
I fostered mine from a day old when I worked at the humane society. Sadly he was poisoned earlier this month and has passed.

Best Answer

Go out in the wilderness and don't come back till you find it.

Best Answer

Well, it wasn't easy for me, and I'm not connected with my guide yet but here is something i did to receive a message. And I can tell you this, take time to think about something in your life that you want help with our need some guidance with and kind of let your mind free. When I did this I was going through a really tough time after my uncle's death, and I needed some comfort and guidance beyond family. I found somewhere quiet, this might seem kind of weird: I put a protection bubble around me in my mind to keep out all negative thoughts and thought about something or a place that made me really happy. There I asked my guide to present him/her self to me and if he/she did not want to do it there that she come to me in a dream. They did not come there but I had a dream that night that they would someday show up, they said that "now wasn't the right time" and that I needed some time, it wasn't time for me. But that was how I found out how. It might be different for you but you can try.

Best Answer

Your familiar is a part of you. You should sit down and relax into yourself. Send out a thought that says what you need in a familiar. Then do yourself a favor and look at an animal book. you will know it when you see it. Also look at a book of mythical creatures. Yours might not be from this time. mine is a black panther . My twin sister's is a golden owl . I'm the warrior by nature . My sister is the seer and wise one. See what i mean by it's a part of you?

Best Answer

I can help you with your familiar. It's not just something that you really love, it is something that suits your character. You may even hate your familiar but deep inside you, you'll know that you are exactly like that. My familiar is a cat. When I first met her I knew that we were alike but I didn't want to accept it. Her name is SERENATA. I didn't ask for her she just came to me. The first thing she did was to scratch me. I had an infection and I went to the doctor. The thing is that I love her. It is mysterious. I can't do with her, I can't do without her. I just act like her, everyone tells me that. And I have too many pets ( especialy cats ) but she is the one. Now we are good friends. I just want to say that maybe you won't be able to believe it at first but in the end you will know whitch animal is you familiar. Just wait... it will come to you.

Best Answer

In legend, a familiar or familiar spirit is a supernatural being that helps and supports a witch or magician. Traditionally, a familiar is an animal, but some are said to be humanoid. Familiars often have special powers of their own. When witchcraft is portrayed as a type of communication or alliance with evil forces in order to gain magical powers, a familiar may be considered a type of demon. <br />
The stereotypical familiar in Western culture is the black cat. Because black cats are strongly associated with witchcraft, there are a number of superstitions regarding them. A black cat crossing ones path is said to be a portent of doom, for example. A familiar may be nearly any animal, however. Other common forms for a familiar to take are a dog, an owl, and a toad. <br />
In the days of widespread persecution of witches, every witch was believed to have a familiar, and close animal companions were sometimes considered proof that a person was a witch. In addition to animals, humanoid creatures were believed to serve as familiars; sometimes, these familiars looked like regular people, and sometimes, they were said to be odd in appearance, having some deformity or resembling stereotypical images of demons. Legends of this period also often attribute the habit of drinking blood to familiars. Familiars were considered at least as dangerous as witches, as they were thought to be supernatural beings that looked like normal animals and could spy or wreak havoc for their witch without being easily detected. <br />
While Christians traditionally interpret familiars as demons, to Wiccans and Neo-Pagans, they are more like the Christian concept of a guardian angel. A witch's familiar can be his or her closest companion, offering moral support, special knowledge, and/or physical healing. Wiccans may seek a familiar through meditation or divination, but most do not believe that familiars can be summoned, contrary to traditional Western legend regarding witches and black magic. Every human has a "daemon" in animal form that has parallels to various cultural interpretations of the soul.

Best Answer

i have a familiar and he is a dog what dus that say about me?

Best Answer

It simply says your Familiar is a dog, nothing more. Our Familiars take form of something we are most connected to, something we trust most &amp; will be ourselves around. Dogs are often Familiars due to their unconditional love :-)

Best Answer

You just wait until he/she finds you. For me though, the Universe brought my familiar to me. One day, I went to the mall with my mother and went to the pet store to buy fish food. We (and believe me) had no intention of buying a cat. I saw a cat in one of the windows and I knew it was my cat. We bought my beloved Midnight that day and he's a happy, healthy boy and I love him more than anything in the entire world. :D

Best Answer

Your story is weird. This way is a bit ridiculous to meet your familiar

Best Answer

Just because you like a cat doesn't mean that it is your familiar. Becides, two people can't have the same familiar. So if I have the cat you can't have the same. Sorry the seat is taken. I am a cat!!!!!!

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

That is not true. In fact, the feline is the most COMMON familiar. If this cat spoke to her in an emotional way, and she feels as though she is bonded to this cat, then that is her familiar.

Best Answer

In most cases your familliar finds you. In my case it was my roommates cat. He began to follow me everywhere I went, would participate in ritual, and just had this energy about him that seemed to match me. My roommate eventually gave him to me. I've always been happy with him. He's a sweet, mellow, sleepy cat. But he loves to be around me and he loves to play. There are a few ways you can get a familliar. You can wait for the Universe to bring you one, do a ritual to actually manifest one.... or do it the old Witch's way (which may disturb you) .... ***** yourself and let a few drops of blood fall into the animals food.....after they eat it ... your energy will be connected to theirs(i.e. life force) it's kind of like blood sisters. You may not want to do this because of personal ethics...but it's just another way I have heard to get one.

Best Answer

You can find them through meditation. It takes practise but eventually you will see colours and images and meet your guides

Best Answer

I'm only 17 and mine came to me. His name is Dillon. He's a black tundra wolf. There isn't really a trick or something that you can do to make him/her appear to you. They come when they're ready to and not a moment before. Him/her may not even be what you think your familiar is. So my advice is be patient and let him/her come to you.

Best Answer

I have a question as well. I think i know who and what my familiar is but she will never show her self to me. Her name is luna and she is a black wolf. I talk to her telepathically i guess and i see her in other places .no matter how many times i ask her to show her self she never will. How do i get her to show her self?

Best Answer

mine is agoldfish.... he juz kept on looking at me trhough the glass when i feel lonely or depressed.

Best Answer

Well, with me, I'm not sure if I've found it or not. I think I might have... a white cat named snowball, its a stray, and lives solely around my house. It always comes around when I might need it... Like, for instance, I was having problems with my boyfriend last week because his parents thought I was satanist for being Pagan, and while I was crying, I looked out the window and it was sitting in my back yard in the rain and sleet. I hadn't seen it for a few months before that.

Best Answer

I think I have a familiar that is a rabbit I had as a pet as a kid. She's been appearing in dreams lately. My mother says it's very possible to have a dead animal's spirit as a familiar.

Best Answer

I Found Mine He's A Shih-Poo He Was In A Shelter There Was An Instant Connection Between Us I Took Him And 3 Other Dogs Out Of Their Cages Too See Them. And He Would Not Let Them Near Me! He Now Follows Me EVERYWHERE He Doesn't Leave My Side Even For Treats.And Every time I Vist My Grandma (She Likes To Do Spells And Needs My Help Too Do Them Sometimes) He Sits By Me The Entire Time. So Like People Have Said You Don't Find Your Familiar They Find You. I Hope This Helps.

Best Answer

Unfortunately I have had no luck with any of this. I try so hard but I guess none of them like me... I'm only 13 but I feel terrible. I'm not sick but I constantly want people to die or get hurt. And I get disappointed when somthing good happens to people. I don't want any of this, please believe me and that's why I have been looking for my familiar or my spirit guide. I don't want to live like this anymore please Simone help me.

Best Answer

Familiars & Spirit Guides are different. Familiars take a physical form, usually an animal, in my case my dog. Spirit Guides do not take a physical form & are often reached through meditation & dreams. A person well seasoned in their beliefs can often feel their presence also, especially in times of need. Also, Spirit Guides can take wider forms than Familiars, human or animal, mine being a Wolf and a Phoenix, so far. One can have many Spirit Guides at once but typically only one Familiar at a time. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

i found mine my sissters dog had him iv had him from tha day he wus born me and him have been togather for almost 3 or 4 years he is evrythang i am he is my world he dus what i do he might be small but he is a really grate friend and famly to me i couding live my life with out him but what dus that tell me bc my familiar is a dog what kind of witch am i with a dog?

Best Answer

I've heard of familiars being like animal spirit-guides, and also being pets that you are spiritually connected with.<br />
Can someone please clear that up for me??

Best Answer

They are different. Familiars can definately be pets, Familiars take physical form. Animal Spirit Guides are just that, Spirits. They can take many different forms, for example: My Familiar is my White German Shepherd named Ice and my Spirit Guides are a Black Male Wolf and a Phoenix. I hope that helps, if not let me know.

Best Answer

Make sure you are alone in a quiet place, get comfortable, empty your mind as you breath slowly and deeply in through your nose and slowly out through your mouth, you will feel at peace and open. Gently ask your familiar to show themselves to you, talk to them like you would want someone to talk to you, you may catch glimpses of your familiar as they watch you watching them, don't rush at them, have patience. <br />
You may have to repeat the above several times before your familiar joins you, you have no need to bind them to you because as your familiar you will become part of each other.<br />
We as spiritual beings are a puzzle and familiars are pieces of that puzzle.

Best Answer