I have to have an art credit to pass high school so im taking drama. Yea it sucks but i suck at art and suck at music. I have to write a play with this horrible girl who is litterally the oposite of me. She is like a pink wearing little miss sunshine who is like bible obsessed straight A student and she wants to do a play about God loving us using pieces from genesis and she wants a musical! And I am like a more dark, hockey obsessed not smart person and I want to do some kind of like action packed play if we have to do one or a sports horror movie. I am so pis$sed at her she is so the oposite of me. IM an atheist I dont want to do a fricken musical about how much "i love" god. And I dont sing. I need to get along with her because I have to pass this class. There is no comprimise. She is set on a god loving musical and she already told the teacher thats what were doing. Im not dancing and singing in frount of my class. 3 guys in my class are on my hockey team
LandonS LandonS 16-17, M 5 Answers Mar 3 in Community

Well my friend, sounds like a rock and a hard place. The bottom line is you need this credit, so instead of taking the perspective that you hate this girl and can't relate to anything she's about, try to be open minded and maybe talk to her about compromising. I don't blame you for not wanting to sing and dance in front of your class, I wouldn't want to either. Some times you just gotta suck it up. So might as well make the best of it. One point you may want to bring up is that religion is a very controversial issue and many people may not be able to ob<x>jectively consider it.

Best Answer

my teacher doesnt really care as long as we are talking catholic because its a catholic school

Best Answer

Play Angel and Demon?

Best Answer

I like that idea but she doesnt even celebrate halloween because she doesnt want to celebrate evil

Best Answer

Play Nun and you as yourself.. She trying to make you believe in God, but you don't.. So the ending would be you still searching if God is exist and she could sing whatever song she wanted to..(after you left the stage)

Best Answer

why can't you incorporate a darker side to I love God; a side where you don't feel anything towards Him, and then the lighter side where you do; kind of like a conflicted person in a love'/hate relationship with God.

Best Answer

thats a good idea but she believes that everything god does is in his plan and that nodody truly hates god

Best Answer

well, do it from the standpoint you don't hate Him, you just don't believe in Him; there's plenty of evidence at this site that many don't believe in Him or even cherish Him. Write up a little script from your point of view; God loves diversity and non-conformity, so add a little bit of that. And remind her t his is your project, too, it should reflect that.

Best Answer

You should try to compromise with her. Maybe do both? You do your part and she does hers? Make it a comedy about colliding worlds. Dualistic. That would actually be really cool considering your two views.<br />
Also, you really need to talk to your teacher. What's your teacher like?

Best Answer

Shes pretty religious also because its a catholic school. But she feels really bad for Marylou (the girl im partners with) because shes new at school and doesnt know really anyone

Best Answer

Sounds like she's trusting you. Were you assigned her as a partner?

Best Answer

yep. because i the oposite of her. she paired u with people who we wouldnt pick ourselves

Best Answer

That's pretty rough. Just remember that this girl doesn't really know what you see and be as still as possible. Neutral. Once you get completely neutral to this project then she can learn from you and you'll be a stronger person for doing so.

Best Answer

marylou?

Best Answer

Yuup. We have to do a fricken play together. And shes a new kid. Its not like I know how to handle her like I can tolerate Meridith because weve gone to school together since nurery school, i dont know anything about her exept that shes super religious and too happy

Best Answer