veronica4ever veronica4ever 22-25, F 10 Answers Dec 4, 2012 in Parenting & Family

You can't. Walk away as a narcissist has more ammo than you will ever have. They can turn any situation around and all of a sudden you are the bad guy. They won't rest till the world sees their point of view.

Best Answer

ugh i hate to admit it but you are right.

Best Answer

They are.

Best Answer

That's not the definition of a narcissist at all.

Best Answer

It may not be your definition but it sure is mine and narcissim has a broad range of definition.

Best Answer

@auburn agreed. well said.

Best Answer

Don't give them your attention, and don't congratulate or emphasize on their successes because this just validates you are inferior and they are better (in their eyes). I had a friend who called himself a best friend, but acted like he was superior to me; arrogance, belittling and undermining. It was one of the worst experiences too, after I had returned to a city and moved in with him because the last place I lived was a disaster; not meeting quality people for friendships, to only encounter this arrogant snob! I grew to seriously hate him. They really hate it when they are talking and you act as if you are pre-occupied with something else, or when they are bragging about something and expect for you to praise them but you don't or you don't act like you heard them, ha ha !

Best Answer

haha i'm gonna try that

Best Answer

Try it but do be careful, they really don't handle rejection well.

Best Answer

ok and yeah i've seen that also

Best Answer

They are not the type of people you really want to provoke, I say walk away and count your blessings you are still standing.

Best Answer

i've thought about that too but i've noticed with a narc they attack you regardless. you r damn if you do and damn if you don't. ofcourse since they lack empathy they would take things further. hmmmm

Best Answer

My husband is one (not with him now) and a female friend was one as well. Horrible terrible people, I don't play mind games and really wonder how they get the energy, but it is bread and butter to them. If you can just slip out of their lives quietly. Let them think it was them, any rejection from them run with it. How I escaped.

Best Answer

i'll try to slip away from my mother's life quietly but i worry she won't just let me go. i worry she will turn the rest of my family against me.

Best Answer

Oh I hear you, my mum has issues as well. What can you do? I limit my time with her everyday would kill me.

Best Answer

i try to avoid her as much as possible but i still live with her. right now i can't afford to move out but hopefully things will get better. i just hate her so much i wish i could give her a taste of her own medicine so she could feel what i've been feeling all these years even just once.

Best Answer

Sorry, my relationship with my mum improved once I moved out. Remember the best revenge is living well. Hope you can move out soon.

Best Answer

thnx i hope so too and a friend of mines who also had a narcissistic mommie dearest told me the same thing. i think it improves because they no longer can get away with humiliating you.

Best Answer

you are no longer at their mercy and narcissist are cowards.

Best Answer

Smear ugly-dust on his mirrors. It's on the shelf next to the fairy-dust.

Best Answer

Best Answer

stop paying attention

Best Answer

smile

Best Answer

Take all the mirrors from the home.

Best Answer

Shave his eyebrows off when he's asleep.

Best Answer

hahaha

Best Answer