I haven't been very happy with my life lately. Years ago I imagined that by now I would be a happy, confident person with an active social life. I pictured that I would have my own things without having to depend on others. I'm so far from that. I don't have any friends. I stay at home all day and only leave when I absolutely have to because I don't like going out in public. I still live at home though I really wish I had my own place. When I need things I have to ask my parents for the money as though I'm a small child. I've been actively searching for employment and I haven't had any luck at all. I just feel as though I'm a waste of space. I wish I could be one of those people who enjoy life, but I don't have a reason to.
StrawberryLetter23 StrawberryLetter23 22-25, F 13 Answers Nov 10, 2012 in Depression

I think that you might try something like volunteer work. Library. Animal shelter. Nursing home. Local charity. You might also try going to church or considering yourself spiritually. Just doing things helps, even if you have to force it at first. Make a garden. Get a hobby that isn't expensive but will give you a sense of having accomplished something. <br />
You aren't a waste of space. You are all potential. Don't be so hard on yourself and convince yourself otherwise. <br />
Grow.

Best Answer

A good strut around the house in stilettos is always a good start :)

Best Answer

It takes time to work on yourself. Also getting out and doing stuff. Try to make some friends. <br />
Good luck

Best Answer

you shouldnt feel that way cause god dont make junk, im not working myself but recently i signed up to be a para aide sub in the school district here, now theyve been calling, thats one way to get work, so is homecare, those kinds of jobs you dont have to compete with anyone cause they always need people and i get to spend the day with small children too, i love that, im hoping they hire me permanently but only time will tell

Best Answer

Well the first step is to love yourself and see all the things you are good at.

Best Answer

Meditate. Investigate Cognitive or Dialectic Behavourial Therapy. Go for long walks. Eat well. Sleep enough. Take care of yourself. You're too young to feel this way and you probably have a long life ahead of you. I hope you find a way to appreciate what is positive, beautiful and valuable about yourself. All the best.

Best Answer